Crossover Thrash

Holy shit, sounds fucking savage dude, I love it! Especially the distant but powerful snare and the fierceness of the guitars; bass is fantastically full in the low end too, how'd you get it so solid?

EDIT: What goofy solos, in the true tradition I suppose :lol::headbang:

wow, thanks for the feedback, that means a lot coming form you!

i really wanted to give this mix a hell of a lot of low end, since the drummer doesn't do any double bass. the drummer also listens to rap, so i figured i'd blend an 808 kick sample in with his kick. surprisingly the kick is mostly natural, though i blended an anthrax kick sample in with a high pass filter just to give it a little smack.

with the bass, i recorded the di of a sansamp bass driver, which was also going into a 8-10 ampeg cab miced with a sm57, but it's mostly di you're hearing. bass was a fender jazz, i think i also threw in my maxon OD820 somewhere in the chain. little eq boost in the low end and another small boost around 4k, compressed to fuck with waves L1 and massey CT4.

guitars were quad tracked with a 6505+, two with a marshall 1960 jcm900 cab, and two with my mesa recto cab. i ended up mixing the marshalls twice as loud as as the mesa tracks, suited the old-school sound a bit better.