crust/stenchcore

PrincessHades

Apr 11, 2015
Gonna post this in GMD, it may not have metal in the name but like grindcore, crust punk is another really cool punk genre that is inextricably tied in with metal. I've been getting really into the convergence of punk and extreme metal lately and I'll start off by sharing a few bands. Considering that to my knowledge, there aren't any current crust threads, I figured that this would be a cool contribution for those who are also interested in discovering more from this really cool genre

these are the two big albums I'd recommend for someone getting into crust

another good one that seems to have a detectable amount of black metal influence

and lastly a more accessible EP

Need to get into newer Crust stuff that isnt atmospheric sludge wanking.

I'm definitely in the way of Dystopia worship of stenchcore, and my top two favorites are Skaven and Sea of Deprivation.

they are on bandcamp, if you so choose to use bandcamp

Skaven has a unique quality to them that almost gives me an Acid Bath feel. Also, two bass players. One plays it like a downtuned guitar and the other is just rhyrhm. They do still have a regular guitarist.

Really underrated Dystopia worship down to the tone. They are a bit more grindy than Dystopia I think, but still really cool. RIP to the guitarist/vocalist though. Iirc the guy committed suicide.