CRY OF THE BLACK BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DemonsAndLies666 said:
well you see... heres the thing. ..............................hand searching for constilations.

Wowowowowow calm down, i dont rly care what u think of the album and i respect ur opinion and im actually agreeing that Fate of norns didnt top the rest, blabkablabla but the thing is u sound almost emo (srry for that). and you wont make other people here happy with ur depressed (wrong word for it but cant think of a better word) comments about.. well anything as far as i know, yes i am a "newb" to this forum, so what? does that make you better then me, just because you have been reading and posting here for a longer time then me? i dont think so. and do you see me sucking up? well if you find sucking up saying that i like the song, ok what ever you want. I just really like the song. I dont like falling thru gennungagap, i hate the demo Army of Darkness, arson is also not in my playlist since its a bit soft etc. Sucking up in my opinion is more like "KEKE ME LOV U JOHAN U BEST SINGOR IN TEH WORLT GIEV FREE TICKET PLX?" or what ever. .. tho he has a great voice :oops: , plz cry and call me sucking up for liking AA's music. -Knarf

Awesome song man..Just makes me wanna go buy some sort of sword and start hacking at the masses.

Knarfi said:
Wowowowowow calm down, i dont rly care what u think of the album and i respect ur opinion and im actually agreeing that Fate of norns didnt top the rest, blabkablabla but the thing is u sound almost emo (srry for that). and you wont make other people here happy with ur depressed (wrong word for it but cant think of a better word) comments about.. well anything as far as i know, yes i am a "newb" to this forum, so what? does that make you better then me, just because you have been reading and posting here for a longer time then me? i dont think so. and do you see me sucking up? well if you find sucking up saying that i like the song, ok what ever you want. I just really like the song. I dont like falling thru gennungagap, i hate the demo Army of Darkness, arson is also not in my playlist since its a bit soft etc. Sucking up in my opinion is more like "KEKE ME LOV U JOHAN U BEST SINGOR IN TEH WORLT GIEV FREE TICKET PLX?" or what ever. .. tho he has a great voice :oops: , plz cry and call me sucking up for liking AA's music. -Knarf

well i kinda forgot what the discussion was about.. so ima just make this quick.
-new album is sounding better
-fate of norns was by far the weakest aa release
-forums are for hype, discussion and opinions. if you dont want negative opinions than you shouldnt want any opinion. so what the fuck are those people on the forum for?
-im not emo... if i wanted to sound emo i would be crying about how nobodly likes me and how im gonna slit my wrists in the corner because i didnt like the amon amarth album and the girl down the road doesnt like my haircut.
-newbs, i got no real problem with them. they all just come on here starting new threads which ALL STATE THE SAME FUCKING THING!!! "I JUST BOUGHT THE NEW AA ALBUM AND I FUCKING LOVE THEM! THEY ARE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD! I ONLY HERD 8 SONGS BUT I KNOW THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD! MY NAME IS "NEEDLEDICK666AMONAMARTH" AND IM FROM "EAT SHIT TOWN" AND JOHAN IS THE BEST VOCALISTS EVER! SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME AND TALK TO ME ON THE FORUM BECAUSE I LOVE AMON AMARTH! ARE THERE ANY OTHER BANDS THAT SOUND LIKE AMON AMARTH???? THEY ARE MY FAVORITE BAND TOO IF THERE ARE ANY!!! WHEN ARE THEY MAKING A NEW ALBUM?? DO THEY HAVE ANY ALBUMS OTHER THAN FATE OF NORNS? ARE THEY EVER COMING TO AMERICA??? I ALSO LIKE SLAYER AND METALLICA!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS OKAY BYE!!!!"
it gets realy old when theres 10 of those threads lined up in a row.

anyway.... i guess ima calm down now. new song sounds good... i just hope its not the best song from the cd because i know they can do way better than that. yeah its an awsome riff but i know its gonna get played out faster than death in fire. (a song that should be removed from all setlists for the next 4years worth of touring and replaced with something like... avenger"

Well i agree on all those things so dont worry but theres no need for flaming and always be SO critical on everyone/everything. nevermind i dont even know why i said it, since i forgot it (well come on, it was about 6 days ago)

Demons has not yet begun to flame...

anyway, cool really song! I can hear what Tyra meant about classic AA, at least the verse part of this song. Hopefully there are more up tempo songs on this one. Play fast or die!

i think it has quite the best vocals till now
the vocals are even better than on fate of norns, how is that possible...

DemonsAndLies666 said:
well i kinda forgot what the discussion was about.. so ima just make this quick.
-new album is sounding better
-fate of norns was by far the weakest aa release
-forums are for hype, discussion and opinions. if you dont want negative opinions than you shouldnt want any opinion. so what the fuck are those people on the forum for?
-im not emo... if i wanted to sound emo i would be crying about how nobodly likes me and how im gonna slit my wrists in the corner because i didnt like the amon amarth album and the girl down the road doesnt like my haircut.
-newbs, i got no real problem with them. they all just come on here starting new threads which ALL STATE THE SAME FUCKING THING!!! "I JUST BOUGHT THE NEW AA ALBUM AND I FUCKING LOVE THEM! THEY ARE THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD! I ONLY HERD 8 SONGS BUT I KNOW THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD! MY NAME IS "NEEDLEDICK666AMONAMARTH" AND IM FROM "EAT SHIT TOWN" AND JOHAN IS THE BEST VOCALISTS EVER! SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME AND TALK TO ME ON THE FORUM BECAUSE I LOVE AMON AMARTH! ARE THERE ANY OTHER BANDS THAT SOUND LIKE AMON AMARTH???? THEY ARE MY FAVORITE BAND TOO IF THERE ARE ANY!!! WHEN ARE THEY MAKING A NEW ALBUM?? DO THEY HAVE ANY ALBUMS OTHER THAN FATE OF NORNS? ARE THEY EVER COMING TO AMERICA??? I ALSO LIKE SLAYER AND METALLICA!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS OKAY BYE!!!!"
it gets realy old when theres 10 of those threads lined up in a row.

anyway.... i guess ima calm down now. new song sounds good... i just hope its not the best song from the cd because i know they can do way better than that. yeah its an awsome riff but i know its gonna get played out faster than death in fire. (a song that should be removed from all setlists for the next 4years worth of touring and replaced with something like... avenger"

Not meaning to keep the flame war going, but BEST RETORT EVER!!!

First: I really like this new song, especially after I did not really know what to expect after Fate of Norns. That album was indeed okay, but nothing new, and Amon Amarth might have drifted down into becoming a boring band, and I kinda feared that. This song disproves that, though (for me at least). :kickass:

Anyway, here my thought: does anybody else think this song sounds a lot like Iron Maiden? I really mean this in a good way... but I kinda feel that it is inspired by the Piece of Mind / Powerslave era of Maiden with regards to melodies and harmonies, and then made into a Death Metal song...

Well, I admit that "Maiden" crossed my mind, but actually the song reminds me more of "Friends of the Suncross".

This song is fuckin amazing
and I agree with CYxxon
Amarth was getting kinda boring
But this song is totally fucking sick and I feel that it is different from their other shit
Fuckin epic

This song is a lot better than the previous album. The instruments sound better and the grunts is just amazing.

I'm playing the song in loop now :p.

Cyxxon said:
First: I really like this new song, especially after I did not really know what to expect after Fate of Norns. That album was indeed okay, but nothing new, and Amon Amarth might have drifted down into becoming a boring band, and I kinda feared that. This song disproves that, though (for me at least). :kickass:

Anyway, here my thought: does anybody else think this song sounds a lot like Iron Maiden? I really mean this in a good way... but I kinda feel that it is inspired by the Piece of Mind / Powerslave era of Maiden with regards to melodies and harmonies, and then made into a Death Metal song...

Eh, kinda. It does have somewhat of a Maiden-y feel to it but much,much better, Dimmu's "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse" had the same thing said about it, that they had that "running" guitar sound that Maiden is famous for and I can kinda see it .

I disagree though with them getting boring, as far as I am concerned they could sing like Little Richard, as long as they keep the themes where they are, for me and my beliefs it is more about what they are singing about than the medium they are using, but dont get me wrong, I love the fact they choose this one.

And yes, this song is f**kin amazing, get the goosebumps every time I hear it, kinda like now as I type this...................

SantaSCSI said:
This song is a lot better than the previous album. The instruments sound better and the grunts is just amazing.

I'm playing the song in loop now :p.

On loop? Crazy you... :p

(me too)

The best songs are always unerringly recognizable - immediately from the start of the song. Just like Cry Of The Black Birds...

This is not a bit Iron Maiden-ish (they don't have fast double bass drum songs like this!!!), this is fucking AMON...AMARTH!!!!!!!!! Hear the Cry Of The Black Birds, shearing the burning skies above the Mount Doom...

We didn't really mean "sounds like Iron Maiden rip-off", but rather "that melody-part has Maiden quality". Like "yes, it's THAT good!"

I like "Runes To My Memory" a lot more though ...