CRY OF THE BLACK BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

runes to my memory is better in my opinion than cry of the blackbirds. finally the sound of the earlier years of AA. i hope the production has no problems now...

k... runes is far better and brings way more hope that the album will be worth listening to.

fon2??? dunno... i think it sounds like a more polished avenger... which was always my favorite... =]

Belgar said:
then you need to listen to OSFTGH, because these songs do seem to be at the other end of the spectrum if you compare it with FON.

No, not really.
OSFTGH is my fav AA album, and so far these 2 songs are not comparable to it. OSFTGH had such a good mix of speed and melody. FoN mainly had the melody. Even lyric wise, OSFTGH is far and away the best AA album, and even though ive only heard these 2 songs from WOOOS, I can bet your ass it isn't going to change. Perhaps you need to read the lyrics to Dragns FLight Across The Waves again? I dunno, I probably set myself up for disapointment because I wanted this to be my favourite release of theirs.

DemonsAndLies666 said:
k... runes is far better and brings way more hope that the album will be worth listening to.

fon2??? dunno... i think it sounds like a more polished avenger... which was always my favorite... =]
Woah crap, D&L666 being positive?

This calls for a celebration

Anybody got an idea what the song means?I havent really had much time to listen to all of the lyrics,to much headbangin.I think im gonna draw Cry of the Black Birds after i do Annihilation of Hammerfest.

i didnt like runes as much as cry of the blackbirds on first listening but it gets better every time i listen to it :)

"Under The Northern Star" is the undoubtedly most melodic song AMON AMARTH have ever done, unusually, hm, “light” in its melody, yet still with this epic feeling.

I HAVE TO HEAR THIS FUCKING SONG...

ok just heard the whole album.....i really must say, this is soooooooooooo much better than their last one. Fate was the only album i wasn't willing to buy, but i bought all their previous albums including the EP. THIS ALBUM will be in my collection once its released. HAIL AMON AMARTH!!!

Sounds good. Really looking forward to this album, especially after reading the review and hearing the songs. The album is released on my birthday as well! :D