Crystal Planet by Joe Satriani

Random3

Jul 6, 2014
Cardiff, UK
www.facebook.com
Yeah this one isn't exactly metal, but I figured I would ask for some feedback on it as it features some things I haven't exactly done before.

My interpretation of my favourite Satch track.

Drums are the Avatar kit in Superior, built around Jeff Campitelli's kit. MIDI was humanised and then reinforced with some Slate samples.

Bass recorded DI with an Ibanez SR305. All bass was played using thumb slap instead of pick or fingers. I also blended this with a Synth bass.

Guitars recorded with an Ibanez Prestige RG2570Z with DiMarzio Mo' Joe and PAF Joe pickups. Used a Morley Bad Horsie II and TC Electronic Dreamscape for some modulation effects. Recorded using the green channel on a Peavey 6505.

Played around with a lot of synth on this one, a lot of it was experimental. All synth is from Xpand2.

Any feedback is welcomed :)

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/charlie-munro-mixes/crystal-planet-by-joe-satriani/s-jPBut[/SOUNDCLOUD]

I'm a big fan of Satriani !
I'm not fan of the guitar sound. Satch guitar sound is more "bigger", all the instrument turn around her, and here, it's the bass how are dominant. Just this ;)