cubase 5 audio / free warp troubles

joeymusicguy

Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
hey!

alright, so i'm using the free warp feature to quantize some vocals. currently i am working from projects that had originally started in nuendo 3 and have been opened in cubase 5 (no conversion process, just opened). i'll get my clip ready (tuned, bounced, etc), and now all that's left to do is quantize it. this problem doesnt always occur, but when it does, its frustrating. i've noticed that normally when you click to make your first warp tab, a warp tab is added to the beginning and ending of the clip. this is to preserve original start / length, i assume. in this particular project, some clips do not automatically create a warp tab at the end. so when i make my first edit, the rest of the entire clip is stretched beyond recognition. so i dove into the manual and the internet only to find nothing. i've messed with clip tempo definition, pool tempo definition, and everything else i could think of. the only work around is to add a warp tab, manually at the end of the clip...

another problem i am having is that cubase 5 won't remember my control room / input output settings. it constantly removes my talk back mic connection, one or two speaker inputs (like for a headphone mix, so only one side works), and randomly chooses to play back extra channels into channels that aren't routed as such...

does anyone have any work arounds for any of this shit?

move-able plugins and built-in autotune/elastic audio clone made me want it, your reports of clunky behavior makes me think twice. hopefully there's a quick fix :ill:

the audio warp works pretty well, but sometimes it acts strange

to a newbie, this would be impossible...

the work around is to add a warp tab past the "audio" so that the program cannot screw the clip over by stretching it so far that you can't grab the end.

i could see a new user coming to this situation and scratching their head...

do you think it could be some fluke thing from importing a nuendo project?? maybe cubase5 writes warp data by default into each clip/region as its tracked and just presumes that consequently itt'l always be there, and your nuendo projects obviously pre-date the integrated warping feature, and you said you didn't do any type of project file conversion, so said warp-info is unexpectedly not there at all. have you tried recreating the problem in a project that was tracked in cubase5?

another problem i am having is that cubase 5 won't remember my control room / input output settings. it constantly removes my talk back mic connection, one or two speaker inputs (like for a headphone mix, so only one side works), and randomly chooses to play back extra channels into channels that aren't routed as such...

does anyone have any work arounds for any of this shit?

Man this isn't cool at all......i think it's screwing up because it was originally a nuendo 3 file and it's freaking out or something......I'm sure people would have been complaining if this was the norm...

Man this isn't cool at all......i think it's screwing up because it was originally a nuendo 3 file and it's freaking out or something......I'm sure people would have been complaining if this was the norm...

yea that's gotta be it. try bouncing the nuendo sessions and re-importing them to a new cubase project? if that's an option?

yea that's gotta be it. try bouncing the nuendo sessions and re-importing them to a new cubase project? if that's an option?

+1

I encountered all kinds of funky behavior when importing Cubase Studio 4 sessions to Cubase 5, so I just bounced the audio out and started a fresh project. Problems went away. Hopefully this does it for you as well, I've warped a fair amount of vocal tracks with no issues here.

+1

I encountered all kinds of funky behavior when importing Cubase Studio 4 sessions to Cubase 5, so I just bounced the audio out and started a fresh project. Problems went away. Hopefully this does it for you as well, I've warped a fair amount of vocal tracks with no issues here.

so you think when i start tracking and then editing in cubase 5, all will be well?

im pretty pumped on the stability so far, except for the occasional crash on free warp every once in a while (in previously mentioned nuendo 3 project opens)

so you think when i start tracking and then editing in cubase 5, all will be well?

im pretty pumped on the stability so far, except for the occasional crash on free warp every once in a while (in previously mentioned nuendo 3 project opens)

I don't know for certain. Your usage of "Cubendo" is very advanced with years of mission-critical experience in the platform, lots of accumulated workflow habits, etc. - whereas I am (mostly) new to it as of 2008. I'm so much happier in Cubase than I was in any other software (I've used them all, primarily Digital Performer and Pro Tools previously) that I'm willing to put up with a few quirks, but the problems you're having are pretty terrible and would definitely anger me if I ran into them.