Ableton auto warp question- help!

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Hey guys, just have a quick question about Ableton. I use ableton to record and then import those recordings to Pro Tools. However When I import clips into Ableton, a lot of times it will randomly warp the shit out the file, and I have no idea how to stop this. I've gone to options-preferences- turned off auto warp long samples. Anyone have an idea how to stop this?

Also I can't seem to figure out how to export a track without effects, besides actually turning off every single effect. In pro tools you can just export any files, for instance a DI, without any effects, while leaving those effects on in the session. How do you do this in Ableton?

Hey guys, just have a quick question about Ableton. I use ableton to record and then import those recordings to Pro Tools. However When I import clips into Ableton, a lot of times it will randomly warp the shit out the file, and I have no idea how to stop this. I've gone to options-preferences- turned off auto warp long samples. Anyone have an idea how to stop this?

1) Select the clip you're working with
2) In the Sample box, turn off Warp by clicking Warp button
3) Profit?

Also I can't seem to figure out how to export a track without effects, besides actually turning off every single effect. In pro tools you can just export any files, for instance a DI, without any effects, while leaving those effects on in the session. How do you do this in Ableton?

Don't remember if you can export in Ableton, probably not though.
Select the clip you wanna export, right click and select show in browser.
From there you should be able to just find the location of the audio file in your HDD. :kickass:

Thanks for the tips man! The warp thing still doesn't quite work though. If I change the session tempo, everything gets stretched or shrunk.

Also the export thing you said isn't quite what I meant. I want to be able to export an edited DI, for example, that had a few overdubs. If I export it the way you said, I would have to edit it all over again in Pro Tools. I can't believe there's no way to export without effects in Ableton...

Thanks for the tips man! The warp thing still doesn't quite work though. If I change the session tempo, everything gets stretched or shrunk.

Tested it out and if you really turned off the warp it shouldn't do that.
The Warp button should be blank colored.

Ableton_Live_turn_on_warping_and_editing_a_loop.png

Also the export thing you said isn't quite what I meant. I want to be able to export an edited DI, for example, that had a few overdubs. If I export it the way you said, I would have to edit it all over again in Pro Tools. I can't believe there's no way to export without effects in Ableton...

Okay so you need to consolidate your tracks before you export them.
In arrange view just right click the clip and consolidate...