Cubase 5 Tempo Issue

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Hey

Im working on a bands EP right now and we decided to cut a section of the song out....simple enough....anyway I cut the section out, pull in the rest of the track then when I go to change the tempos to fit accordingly via the tempo map for some reason it moves/slides the audio of the rest of the session (5 songs in one session).

Ive never had that issue before, normally I can just change tempos at will without any waveforms being moved about.

Is there an option im missing??

Cheers! :kickass:

PS: When in the tempo map if I move the said tempo around the vertical line to the right hand side slides around with the movement....ive got a feeling its something to do with this. Stay the fuck still im not editing anything after 16 bars you absolute utter tart!!!!!

If I change the timebase between musical and linear it dosen't do it as bad, but instead of moving things across it cuts bits of the waveform out....arrrrrghhhhhh!!! It was such a simple edit?!?!?!?:|:|;|:|:|

Its like im altering some sort of "master" tempo track no matter what.

You have to delete or add the time and it will fix everything for you. Start by selecting the time you want to remove with the range markers. Then go Edit -> Range -> Delete Time (to delete time) or Edit -> Range -> Insert Silence (to add time). When you do this it will add or delete bars to EVERYTHING so any markers, automation, tempo track and audio all move together accordingly and nothing will need to be adjusted.

note: when your adding time, select the amount of bars you want to add with the range tool and have the left marker be on where you want to insert the time. It will insert the new time at that left marker.

I got it sorted last night....well kinda, I had to move half the EP the opposite way across and thankfully it played ball...though ive still taken what you say onboard Colossus for future reference! Thankyou :)

Still I keep bumping into reasons to purchase PT9 in the near future! :p

To be fair, it's not like this couldn't ever possibly happen with ProTools...