Cubase, fadeout doesn't work in 15/8

Torniojaws

They call me Juha
May 15, 2005
Espoo, Finland
www.vortechmusic.com
This strange thing keeps happening to me. Cubase simply refuses to set a fade out to anything that's recorded in 15/8 time in Cubase. One of two things happen:

1) It does not set the fade out at all. When you type the number, it simply resets back to 0 immediately. If you mouseclick on it (the "+" thingy), it does a roll between 0 and -1 for as long as you hold the mouse button down.

2) It sets the fade out to something ridiculously long, and seemingly random number. For example, if I set the fade out to 0.0.0.1 (I guess it's 1 millisecond), it instantly changes it to 0.10.0.1 (or ten 8th notes starting from the end of the wave), which in this case makes the 1 ms fadeout that I want last 2 seconds instead :puke: )

If I then type zero over the 10 in the 0.10.0.1, it just keeps reverting back to 0.10.0.1, and not 0.0.0.1 as I want it to.

:err:

Any help would be appreciated :worship:

You could always just finish the mix, then bring the wave back into cubase and apply a fade out by clicking on process and then fade out.

But it's in the middle of a seam between two takes :zombie: There's a pop right between the two parts, and a short fadeout would fix it. Of course, I could manually edit it out, but since it happens often in non-4/4 time signatures, it would be a drag to fix it that way.

pop between two consecutive takes? Have you tried a crossfade? I've always done that instead of fading one out and the other in, as it's the same thing, just automatically taken care of.

Nevermind.

I just wish the crossfader would be easier to set. It's very nitpicky and inaccurate to quickly place it, especially when you use it often. I like the quick and dirty way you can do it with fade out. Just select all waves and type 1 in the top bar, and that's that. No zooming in and tweaking/moving crossfade bars.

haha, next time just select the two takes and press "x"

Like I said, it adds a standard length crossfade regardless of tempo or anything. What it adds is almost a 1 second long crossfade, or in other words, completely unusable o_O

And that leads to you having to manually move each crossfade section separately to small enough durations that it won't be noticeable.