Cubase doesn't bounce anymore?

Jan 10, 2005
Everytime I try to export my tracks they get to about 62-65% and then I get the beachball of death (I'm on a PowerBook G4) and it says something like "export error" or similar to that. I tried restarting, etc., no dice. I'm only running a total of 7 plug-ins on various tracks, nothing more than a few compressors, 2-3 eq's, and a limiter. I've done more tracks in Cubase before and it bounced just fine. It just started doing it today out of nowhere. Any ideas from anybody?

~006

That's what I'm trying to say...I've had more tracks and more plug-ins running at once and it bounced fine, this is very odd.

"An error occurred during export!" is the exact message I get.

~006

Weird.. normally, you would get that problem when the export arrows are set wrong.. let me look this up...

Hmm, maybe so, I have this program called Timbuktu (remote login software) that expired recently, actually today, and since that little dialog has been coming up, Cubase started giving me these problems. I'm going to try and delete the program off my system and see if that fixes it. *crossing fingers*

~006

Well, after getting that program off my system, now Cubase only gets to 57% and then it screws up. I'll check out the Cubase forum search to see if anything turns up. Anyone else with a suggestion?

~006

I've noticed that when I try to minimize Cubase while it is bouncing, the progress bar zips to 100% but that remaining portion is truncated from the exported file. Not exactly the same situation, but another export nuance. Have you tried exporting stuff with other programs to see if it is memory related or a Cubase problem? If an error's occurring, it's got to be either that it runs out of memory, something's wrong with the program, or something doesn't match up in settings. the 2nd possibility is solved by reinstalling, so if you've done that then I'd guess it's one of the other two... wish I could offer more helpful advice

Bah, no luck on the Cubase forum. Just a bunch of crap. This is very odd, it just did it out of nowhere, I've been using it like this for quite a while now, and it's really out of the blue that it's doing this. I've had an entire kit of drums tracked in Cubase, guitars, bass, vocals, and keyboards, all loaded with plug-ins, and bounced with no problems at all.

Also, when I play the tracks back, it freezes at the same two spots. Again, very odd and out of the blue. This is fucking gay, any answers?

~006

So it sounds to me like it bounces fine until it reaches the 'problem spot'... Did you try setting the locators to end just before this point and seeing if you get even a partial mix?

Ok, well, it bounced. But, when I tried to open it with Quicktime to just hear it, I got this error: "Quicktime cannot open the file 'drums.aif' the movie contains an incorrect duration (-2014)"

Wtf does that mean?

~006