Cubase making mix lose high end and air HELP

deftones769

Aug 19, 2011
I've got my mixes in cubase really well mixed and mastered. But cubase seems to fuk it up when I mix down in any form (wav,mp3 ect. It loses all my nice high end and air. I need urgent help as I need to be realising my bands ep really soon and I can't because of this problem HELP

Cheers

It's happening in cubase before I export now. It also lacks volume when mastered at high rms???

I've tried everything to fix it too and I know a lot about computers,mixing and cubase????

Are you dithering? What sample rate are you exporting to? Are you using online or offline render? There are a lot of things that could be causing it. Try exporting with everything on your master bus disabled. It could be a plugin causing it.

What sample rate are you running in? If you work in something higher than 44.1 KHz and then export down to 44.1 KHz, you will lose som preceived air. Also, you do lose a lot of treble exporting to MP3 too, if that's what you're doing.

The sample rates are fine. It's weird it's like losing heaps of high, losing a bit of volume, pumping even before putting a limiter and pushed back in the stereo field???

The problem is happening within cubase even before I mixdown and master. I've updated my ux1 driver and I'm using no pirated plugins only pod farm and Steven slate and slate vtm and vcc. It's been happening for so fucken long I just wanna my fucken music aaaarrrgghhh lol

Also see if you encounter the same issues when using real time bounce. I don't quite understand how you can tell you are loosing high end before the bounce, how do you mean?