Cubase or pro tools

fox3763

New Metal Member
Feb 15, 2011
I am usin logic right now and really starting to hate it. I have been wanting to get into pro tools but notice alot of guys use cubase on this forum.

My question is to those who have used both. Do you feel one is better than the other when it comes to editing. Also curious about mixing workflow if one has any advantages over the other.

Any other pros and cons you can think of would be great

The main reason I stick to Logic is because of the midi editor. I absolutely despise the midi editor in pro tools. Cubase is the only midi editor that I like other than logic.
Cubase is just a resource hog for you computer. Don't get me wrong, most DAW's are, but I've noticed that Cubase is one of the worst.

I'm sure you know Cubase ridiculously well, back to front / upside down / blindfolded etc. But I'll say the same thing about Pro Tools until the day I die. Cubase fucked with my head when I tried it.

cubase for life
better than any DAW

if you ever have time to sit down with me in person, i will show you exactly why

Thanks Joey. I have always heard for the most part that cubase was the best for editing, but the general thought I got was that Pro Tools has the best sound Mix Engine.

I know you could make stuff sound good in any DAW so I believe you when you say Cubase for life.

Since you have used both - I know for the most part you did not like PT - but overall, could you hear any sonic differences when you mixed in PT?

I have also heard from a few guys that PT has better Stock Plugs than the other DAW's, would you agree or disagree Joey?

Ahem...
REAPERRRR!!! (for life? eh idk)
Pros: Cheap, awesome, stable, awesome runs every single piece of hardware/plugin, cheap.

Cons: midi.

That's my 2:30am explanation I can't go much more in depth.

Ahem...
REAPERRRR!!! (for life? eh idk)
Pros: Cheap, awesome, stable, awesome runs every single piece of hardware/plugin, cheap.

Cons: midi.

That's my 2:30am explanation I can't go much more in depth.

Haha, ya I actually downloaded Reaper a few weeks ago. There are some things that I really like about it. I want to switch to it for awhile but every time I have a project I open up logic cuz I am so comfortable with it, even though I dont like it much.

I have been messing with Reaper on the side trying to get a workflow set up so i can make an easier transition.

Once I saw that you can do slip editing in Reaper I had to download it, even if I dont choose to mix with it, I definately like the editing things you can do.

You'll end up "hating" any daw's cons because all of them have a few ;)

So, if you know logic, what are the things putting you off?

I'm a logic user, and yes, there are some things that bug me a lot, but I'm confident with it after all.