Cubase output settings in a project

Torniojaws

They call me Juha
May 15, 2005
Espoo, Finland
www.vortechmusic.com
Okay, Cubase crashed and for some reason it lost all output settings for EVERY FUCKING TRACK. Is there any way to change them back to the main stereo output without having to go through each and every track separately? :err:

If I change the channels through F4 -> Output, nothing happens to the actual tracks.

And also, it seems it is impossible to change the channels for VST instruments? I can't find any place to change them. And right now, Cubase is mute for every track except for those for which I have manually changed the output back to Stereo Out.

Its a longshot but I think I did something like this once:

Delete all output buses, save project, close project, open project, add new output bus, save project, close project, open project.

I take NO responsibility for what might happen if you do this :) Just in case..

Select all tracks, press ctrl+alt and hold them while you use the mouse to choose the output, the way you do it for an individual track.

Are you trying to change the outs via the inspector or at the very top of the mixer? In thebottom left corner of the mixer there is an option to hide the mixer outs, think it may be off by default so double check it's highlighted. Should sort it.

But most of the tracks are MIDI-tracks with VST instruments. There is no place to select the actual output channel for them, just which instrument it uses.

VST instruments have their own "audio" channels, which you can route the same way as normal audio channels. Sometimes they are hidden and that may be your problem. Sorry if I'm not understanding the situation and what you're asking. I hope I've been of some help.

Well, the project is still broken, but luckily (the ONLY project for which I had a back-up project save, and only two steps back! fuck me... :lol:), so I could continue making the project :loco:

But the reason I asked is because this has happened before, so it would be nice to know how to fix it when there's a really dire need.