CUBASE question!

Jan 22, 2006
hi there!
i have a question concerning cubase sx3.can´t find anything in the manual!

if you´re recording let´s say a second take above a first one in a track,you have the old one still under the new recorded (i don´t know how you call it in english,sorry;-))

i recorded some songs like that,and now i realized,that it´s pretty hard to crossfade these "layered" areas.now i´m searching for a possibility to delete all these underlaying tracks.you can do it manually,but it´s really timeconsuming if you have 40 tracks and 10 songs...
any ideas?
thanks,pat

edit:

i´m talking baout OVERLAPPING areas!i have a german manual,now i found the english word,which is pretty much the same as in german :oops:

but i still can´t find a possibilty to delete all underlying events,hmm....

CLICK ON THE PART YOU WANT ON TOP AND CLICK "X" which is your crossfade key

when you get everything crossfaded where you want it, highlight the entire selection and go to audio>bounce selection

that will consolidate it to one file

links auf der Spur kannst du hin und her schalten (Ebenen Fest), dann hast du die nicht "aufeinander", sondern "übereinander".
ausserdem
. es gibt keinen Grund 40 Takes aufzuheben, wenn einer scheisse war:lösch ihn. ich hebe nie mehr als 2-3 Versuche auf )warum auch. entweder ist er gut oder schlecht. schlechte werden gelöscht.

eine Methode um nur den das obenliegende zu behalten ist: Kasten über die Spur ziehen (alles auswählen), Rechtsklick: Auswahl als Datei