Cubase. Saving CPU. How?

Yeah, but a proper full blown HD system has got a 192 interface and some nice Accel cards with it, and isn't limited to just Windows. SAWStudio is just a piece of software.

Besides... the guy asked about saving processing power in Cubase - why do you feel the need to derail every DAW-based thread with SS propaganda?

Yeah, but a proper full blown HD system has got a 192 interface and some nice Accel cards with it, and isn't limited to just Windows. SAWStudio is just a piece of software.

Besides... the guy asked about saving processing power in Cubase - why do you feel the need to derail every DAW-based thread with SS propaganda?

I'm just offering a different approach. He askes on how to save processing power in Cubase & my answer is to use a better DAW so he won't have to worry about it! It works for me & might work for him. You want to call it propaganda, that's fine, but I'll stand by my work & what I used to get it to the point it's at. Excuse me for thinking outside the box. Would you prefer I just be another cow and follow the herd? Stop writing guides? No? Then get off my case!

As for point 1: Yes, it's just software, and WAY more powerful than PT-HD (in terms of CPU efficiency). AND you can run it on a Mac. I know several guys who do. Saw combined with an RME fireface will give an HD system a serious run for it's money & won't cost anywhere near the same. Accel cards aren't needed, either.

EDIT: Sorry if that came across as hostile. Not my intention. Haven't had my coffee yet! :)

Thanks for your replies guys. Years using Cubase and never used freezing option cause never had to. Very interesting.

I have solved my problem buying another PC as this one is a bit old.
This afternoon I will go to the shop to take my new AMD 60 X2 4800 2 Gb DDR2 ram and 320 GB 7200 rpm HD.