Cubase Studio 4: Events not moving...anyone got some ideas?

Jan 10, 2005
I've sat with CS4 for hours now, going through every single menu, every single option, resetting to defaults...the works. I have searched and sifted through pages of search results and read countless threads at Cubase.net and spent over an hour flipping through the manual and software help within CS4...nothing has helped me find the answer to my problem. I don't know what happened but in a project I was working on the other day everything was fine, then I went to drag an event and it wouldn't move at all. I can drag the fade and trim the event, just can't move it. I think I hit the keyboard just before the problem came up but I don't know what I hit. Can anybody tell me what setting I jacked up?

I have a thread over at Cubase.net and so far only a few people have replied and none of their suggestions have remedied the problem. So far I have checked all of my snap settings, even though I hardly use snap, I have checked to see if the tracks are frozen, they are not, the events are also not locked and one person said if I was using a tablet and the pen was laying on it that it would cause it but I'm not using a tablet. I made a new project and recorded a short snippet of audio, it won't move in that project either so I'm guessing it's not just within that project but a Cubase setting or something...again, I hit a key on my kb by accident just before the problem started, I was high and missed the spacebar, haha. Anyway, I can't figure it out and don't feel like re-installing it...there has to be another solution, right?

PowerMac G5 dual 2.0 PPC
OSX 10.4
Cubase Studio 4, I have the latest update installed

~006

Edit history clears when you close your project, btw. As mentioned already, I made a new project and made a snippet of audio, it wouldn't move in there. I also opened a project from months and months ago and the events wouldn't move in there either. :(

I e-mailed Steinberg but it could be years before I get a response. So far no solutions from cubase.net users either. I gotta figure out what setting I changed!

~006