Curious what you all think about the packaging of DT Live Scenes From New York

RediscoveryoftheAccolade

New Metal Member
Jan 26, 2004
I decided to take this set out on a roadtrip last week since I had a good 4 hrs ahead of me and this concert would keep me occupied...and I noticed something, at least to me, really stupid about the packaging: I'm aware, as most of you all are, that the cover design was changed due to 9/11, but Im wondering for the life of me why the CD's are packaged in this tight fitting cardboard casing, with no protective paper or sheet to protect the disks from getting stratched. Everytime I take a disk out, the cardboard actally makes little stratches on the disk, and I know its not just mine b/c a couple friends have the same thing happen on theirs. I realize its more cost-effective to package as cheaply as possible, but not as the sake of ruining the cd's everytime you take it out of the case (ive since just kept them in my cd changer), but im wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and more importantly, if this was Mike Portnoy's decision, or the label's...im betting on the label. Ive never seen mention of it, but its something that struck me kinda odd. :err: