Current Gear

Vienyard

Arrogant Dickhead
Sep 5, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.epicureanmetal.com
I know this has prolly been posted before, but who cares.

What gear do you currently use?

For Guitars, I like having a selection of brands, necks, and playabilities. Mix it up a bit, keep fresh.

I use:

A Black Korean '01 Dean Flying V with EMG 81's and 60's, Tune O' Matic bridge, and nickel hardware. Its a great, affordable model that is very solid, and has a medium Bolt-on neck-I dont like going thinner than this one has. It's not as thin as say, an Ibanez. Its right in between. Plays fuckin' great, and is my main live guitar (see avatar pic). Some wiring issues, though...most foreign guitars I've owned have had that problem. Too much plastic inside and I've had to replace some minor shit. But all my guitars have been that way. I just beat on them live I guess.

An early 80's American neck through White Charvel Strat style shape with a Seymour JBJ and a dummy pickup in the neck position, Black Hardware and a Kahler. This guitar was a STEAL for $230 at a pawnshop. Totally solid and lots of sustain - perfect for a very creamy solo sound. Thicker neck too due to the paint. It's my main backup...it's not as bold as the V. :p

A Hohner Les Paul copy from the early nineties, with a flamed maple tobacco burst finish and set neck. This is another foreign guitar, but it's the best LP copy I've ever played. The thing is a monster. Threw in some Jackson rail passive pickups and the thing is louder than the V with the active EMG's!! It's heavy, thick, and tough, and stays in tune with good or bad strings. My best guitar for squealing, thats for sure! That too has had wiring issues though. I've replaced the input jacks and toggle switches over 5 times each now. Eh, so what. It's a fairly cheap repair.

A Black, Made in China Washburn D100 Acoustic. I think it's an '00 model. Had the best sound for the price at the store. It's got a single cutaway, but has dreadnought depth. The piezo p/u is kinda lame though. I dont like the sound of that. But acoustically, its great.

Amp:

A Marshall Valvestate 2000 AVT150 150 Watt combo. Wow, is this a mean amp. 4 channels, knobs all over the place, and fucking ripping tone. It's so unbelievably versatile with the OD1, OD2, Clean and the Acoustic Simulator channels, plus onboard effects that arent as crappy as say, the Crate ones. These effects are controlled per channel however - the distorted channels can be off, while the clean ones are on - you can have seperate ones at the same time for both. Makes footswitching a snap. And all the effects are voiced very well. The only drawback I've found is the delay repeats dont go more than once. But hey, all the other effects and features more than make up for this beauty. Best Valvestate I've ever played or heard.

+ other various gear that I dont need to blab about like Monster Cables (the best), backup Tube Works 100W 1/4 stack, my Shure wireless (which is kinda crappy, actually), and tuners and such.

Yay! Up the post count! :D

OK, the gear I currently Use is:
A '91 Ibanez Universe, UV7BK, 7string Black with green pickups ith the action set as low as possible (it's nice :D), blazeII pickups do give it a mean sound through the rig :)

Ibanez RG2027, beautiful mahogonied bodied 7string with a double locking piezo bridge :), it's got an evolution and a PAF pro in it, but the piezo's are the main bonus, nice sound, very sweet :), also has a drop dead gorgeous finish, very refined, nice looking (so I wonder what the hell i am doing with it ;) ). Sounds more clinical than the universe, very midrangy due to the mahogony and plays like a beast. Also setup with stupidly low action :)

Ibanez s540ltd, my workhorse guitar, been around for years and has a few dinks here and there. Put EMG's in it, still plays well, but the neck feels a bit too thin for me now, but still love it :)

Ibanez Jem7 BSB, my fun guitar, best playing 6 string I have in my collection, and one of the nicest I've had my hands on. Individual looking guitar that shows it's wear with pride, don't like the pickups much in it though (evolutions) so they need to be replaced, although I don't quite yet know with what...

BC Rich warlock, in dire need of new pickups. It used to have EMG's and sounded fantastic, so they need to go back in. This is the axe I've had the longest, it's pretty cool, but needs some maintanence. A backup axe for weird tunings and experimentation

Ibanez RG in some shape, bastardised from parts it's currently without a trem and needs some work on the neck, this thing looks so gaudy and horrible that it has actually transcended into coolness :D

The amp:

Mesa Boogie Triaxis, best preamp I've played, very versataille, monster sound as well :) ,before I found this I had trouble with my sound, now I have none of that anymore :D. Tons of gain, loads of sounds and plenty of variation and tone to keep you busy tweaking for months.

Marshall 100w Super Lead Head (built somewhere before 1969)used as a power amp via a custom modded FX loop. The tone controls still affect the sound (kind of weird, but usefull) and this just runs the output of the triaxis through it's poweramp. Gives everything that "dirt" that I kind of like. On it's own you it sounds philthy cranked up, and with an overdrive pedal provides a dirt laden sound, fantastic! I was going to get a dedicated rack power amp, but for some reason I keep thinking that my sound would change away from what it is now, and I quite like it...

Then this lot is run by a boss gt-5 floor FX unit, which now needs replacing. Good effects and good build quality. The only thing about this is the distortion not being fantastic, but then again, it never really is with fx pedals/floor units...

All of this then runs through a 1975 marshall 4x12 with green backs and a 4x12 marshall cab with GT75's, which kind of gives a nice blend of sounds and tone.

Apart from that there's one or two pedals lying about and an 8track for recording on.

Guitars:

Brian Moore C-55 Kingswood custom
Ibanez USRG30TP USA Custom

Amp:

Diezel VH4S
Genz Benz G-flex 2X12 cab
Lexicon MPX 110 effects processor
Morley Bad Horsie Wah

Misc:

Yamaha Motif 8 synth
Sonar 2 for recording

And an 8-5 job to pay for it all....

A shitty old 5 piece Pearl Export kit with Sabian cymbals and a Tama Iron Cobra Rolling Glide doublepedal, but...hopefully I'll get my Axis doublepedal at the end of this week. :headbang:
Vic Firth 5b Extreme sticks.

I also use an AKG bassdrum mic, a Pearl snare mic and 3 Shure SM57's for the toms.
An AKG headset for backing vocals.