Ibanez Prestige S1270FW - does this guitar exist?

vash5

New Metal Member
Oct 24, 2009
I saw a picture of Ravi Bhadriraju from Job for a Cowboy, and I thought, "Hey, cool, he is the only guitarist I've seen that plays the same guitar as me"

One of my guitars is an ibanez S 5470, with a burl poplar top. Ravi's has the same Burl Poplar top, but different pickups, and the neck has different inlays. The neck also looks like maybe it is longer, perhaps a baritone neck.

After a quick search, I found a site that says he plays the Ibanez S1270FW. If anyone has knowledge of this guitar's existence, please let me know, I cant find info about it.

A google search returns three hits, one of which is a page about the BJfaC guy and one of which is this thread itself. Therefore I conclude that this guitar doesn't exist and the page was bullshit. The Ibanez website also contains nothing indicating this thing exists. The dude probably plays a custom guitar.

I think what he means is an S S2170, which was discontinued this year.
They are a heap of shit, so I'm not surprised they were discontinued.
Don't be fooled by the "Prestige" tag either, they were Korean made and compared to the 90s Made In Japan S series, they were a piece of shit with design flaws and (IMO) a very poorly designed tremolo.
The S5470 is better, granted, but it's still nothing compared to a good 90s S series guitar.

HAHA!! I looked on the back of the headstock, MINE IS AN S1270FW!!! I thought it was a 5470 because that is what it was listed as when I got it used on ebay.

I have the S simply as a show guitar because it looks freaking awesome, but it has a pretty weak tone and no sustain. I dont like ibanez S sound in general, just the aesthetics. The neck isnt as bad as alot of people say though. I locked down the ZR trem and it is a very comfortable bridge. The guitar feels great to me, it just sounds like crap.

My main axe is a Japanese made RG with EMGs that has a tone which I love. I also picked up a Dean Dave Mustaine V RIP model, mostly for show, but since getting it, I have found it to be a really great sounding and comfortable guitar.

I've played the S Prestige and I really liked it. Very very light, very fast neck, fun to play. Pretty good tone, but slightly thin and not very heavy. Would be great for trad or power metal though.