Curse or bad joke?

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I just read than James MacDonough left Iced Earth to join Megadeth on tour. Not so long ago Christy, then Santolla left IE. Only Schaeffer, Owens and Jarzombek remains isn't it?

Well, who knows now maybe Marty Friedman and Dave Ellefson will join IE :D

Well... Marty and David are stupid enough to work for Jon... so why not.

One guy goes John Lennon on Dave Mustaine and the other one takes 50 grand from Dave Mustaine and runs.

James hasn't left Iced Earth, in the MTV interview Dave said that it was just for the tour... Hate to burst your bubble...
The Guitarist & Menza are permanent members though.
That's not to say that, if things work out he wouldn't jump ship & join Megadeth...
It's just not permanent at this point in time...

I don't worry (or care) about Iced Earth I thought it was just funny that most of the band "deserted" after Tom Owens joint, I thought it was his deodorant :lol:

Wyvern, you're harsh. I could careless who's in the band myself.
Like JD said, it's Jon's band & he will push forward...
By the way, James officially was named Megadeth's new bass player!
You were right on the money I guess. A great replacement. James smokes.
He's brought excitement to the bass player role in Megadeth. Another great performer, is Rev. Jones from Schenker's band. Jame & Rev. are neck & neck in my book...

I'm not harsh...I'm freakin evil :lol:

I mean Iced Earth is not a band I care for, if it goes or not ain't my problem. I was just thinking that lately most people run out of it, if I were Schaeffer I will take some time, sit and think about the events.
On the other hand like you mention is his band, and he will continue even recruiting a whole new line-up for each album.

And for the record I do like "Demons & Wizards", so I don't have anything personally against the guy.

Peace