Custom Guitar Choice

Rock Hydra

Feel the Strain!
Nov 27, 2005
Buffalo, NY. U.S.A.
I almost have enough money to buy a custom guitar, but I want to decide what guitar to get. I've been really wanting a Fender Showmaster with a Floyd Rose. But, I'm thinking that I might be able to get a custom Jackson with a Fender strat headstock. I'm thinking of having an alder strat style body with a floyd rose, 24 frets, a slim neck, binding on the neck, neck through construction and a custom paint job. What do you think? Opinions are appreciated.

Jackson can't produce a strathead. Charvel have a hard enough job getting it done.

if you want a strathead you're gonna have t go Fender.

get an old school HM Strat, you'll be set, those things are incredible. theres a white one right now on chrisguitars.com

1989 Fender HM Strat, (pic2), (pic3), if you missed the Olympic White HM I had a few months ago - here's another! The HM was Fender's "Superstrat" of the tail end of the metal era and was an expensive guitar back in the day. This same year the American Standard Strat had a list of $699 - and the HM Strat listed $100 higher at $799. Features an excellent quality Kahler-licensed Floyd Rose trem, wide and flat fretboard, DiMarzio humbucker with two American Standard single coils. Controls are the normal 5-way with a separate coil tap switch for the humbucker. Differing slightly from a Strat body, the HM has bevels in the cutaways to allow easier access, as well as a rounded neck heel. Not quite mint but very clean and the only real flaws are a small finish touch up on the bass horn (barely noticeable), and some wear on the neckplate, which these all have. Overall a very nice 9 condition. Nice low action and a sweet guitar, $529.

fen89strat-hm-oly.jpg

fen89strat-hm-oly2.jpg

fen89strat-hm-oly3.jpg