Custom Rig Help

mick thompson

AKA: Ross Canpolat! SM!
Nov 3, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
hey chaps!

ok its time i've upgraded my rig to something more professional. after watching the video of mick thompson and jim roots rig on youtube i have decided to sort out my own rig roughly the same way.

i dont know where to start so i'll try to explain.

i have 2 heads, a peavey 6505+ and a line 6 spider 2 head and 1 cab. a marshall 1960.

basically i want to run both heads into the same cab but not at the same time. im looking for a switching unit that when i hit the pedal it will swap between the two heads and output my sound into the same cab. i would use an a/b switch but i've been thinking that because the 2 heads would both be going into the same amp although one amp would not be recieving a signal it might still be loading power into the cab.

i'll be using the line 6 for my clean sound and they peavey for my dirty/lead.

i just dont want to blow the shit out of my cab the first time i hook it up, would it be better to find an a/b switch to put after the heads and switch it before it gets to the cab? problem with that is i dont think the a/b switch would be able to hold the power load. any help anyone can offer would be great. thanks:headbang:

Instead of spending even more money on one of those, why not just sell your Spider and buy a regular Pod (assuming that's the same preamp as the Spider head), and then wire it up so you can switch between that and the Peavey's preamp, using the 6150's power section? Seems like you'd save a lot of money and have less stuff to carry around...