Cyhra - The Vertigo Trigger - August 2023

Actually, their singer also appeared on the Hammerfall albums Infected and (r)Evolution, so maybe he has more credibility than I gave him.

I see. Yeah, I'll avoid that band. Gives an insight into Jake's creative mindset though. He's obviously PM influenced which does show on certain Cyhra songs, particularly in the song titles. If you were just given the NHIH tracklist without any context and not knowing the album it'd be fair to assume it's a PM album with titles like Battle From Within, I Am The One, Lost in Time, Kings Tonight, Blood Brothers & Kings and Queens.

I listened to Sixx AM and is fucking bad. Pop metal without many pretensions. Nothing remarkable there.

Very Jakeish I must say.

Last edited:
Imagine being like 50 years old and looking like Sixx AM band members. Hell, imagine being 30 and taking 2 hours to put on all your accessories, head bands, bracelets, necklaces, make up, holy shit…

Imagine being 30 something and thinking that mimicking these guys will make you the next Iron Maiden.

Meh, there have always been tons of hard rock and metal bands where the look is as much of the identity as (if not more so than) the music, going all the way back to Alice Cooper and Motley Crue. Those traditions are older than us, lol

That song is really bad. I miss 90's hard rock. I miss the 90's, period.

Cyhra has uploaded a new profile picture and that means that Jesper is officially out of the band.

It's funny how reluctant they are to just confirm Jesper is done with Cyhra. He's clearly been distancing himself from the project since 2018. Basically helped write LtM, did a few shows then dipped. Nothing anyone says and no songwriting credits will ever convince me Jesper wrote anything of note on No Halos in Hell. At best it was a riiff or two.

And he just uploaded a new picture with the hashtag thehaloeffect. At this point, is just stupid to not release a statement regarding the situation.

Yeah, even if it's just to say Jesper will still be contributing as a guest musician in studio but not live or an official member of the band anymore - that would be fine and what has basically been the case for the past 4 years anyway.

Reactions: eochaid
They were scared because Jesper brought the clicks. Now nobody will give a f*** except 39 year old single-mothers.

Reactions: eochaid
They are recording Cyhra3. Euge released a short clip on Instagram. Sounds very linear, melodic and meh.

Jesper is "involved" but he will not record stuff in studio. Everything is being done by Euge and the new guy.

My interest in this band is quickly going from zero to minus something.

Jesper is involved sounds like they're recycling some old stuff.

I, personally, find Euge's work generic and boring.

Jesper was supposedly "involved" in the last album and most of it was boring as fuck. At best his involvement will be limited to a few riffs here and there. To have that real Jesper magic he needs to be involved in music arrangement too, and I doubt he is. His primary focus seems to be on THE now, which is fine by me.

As far as the clip is concerned, it sounded fine but anybody who is half decent at playing the guitar can come up with some melodic guitar riffs. Some of the NHIH stuff sounded good in clips, but the songs themselves mostly sucked. Cyhra 3 might be good, but the band would need to have a serious rethink about what went wrong with NHIH, and I'm not convinced that's happened. They probably think it was fine.

I'll listen to the album when it comes out, but my expectations are as low as they were for In Flames around the SC/Battles period. I expected big things from NHIH and it was a massive let down, so they'll have to do a hell of a job on this album to bring me back as a fan.

Have in mind that, even when we were disappointed by it, nhih was highly acclaimed by the media. Si, I don't think they'll feel the need to change.

As for Jesper, I find it significant that, on the same day that they changed their cover picture to include the new guy, he made a post mentioning only THE.

Well, most of the media also thought SC and Battles were great, so :guh: paid reviews seem to be the norm these days.

I think Jake and Jesper are stll f(r)iends, but I do wonder what Jake really thinks about Jesper's sudden commitment to THE, after he basically had nothing to do with Cyhra except supposedly contributing a few ideas since late 2017.