Cymbals: AD vs EZD?

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
yo,
I own EZD Metal Heads...the cymbals are alright, but not really great...I also own SSD (don't have to mention how good the cymbals are I think)...
I'm looking for a realistic sound for programmed drums, would AD be better for that?

thanks...I find the whole superior/ezd thing very confusing though...do I need superior drummer to use this pack, or can I just use my EZD engine?

Ah, just found out I'll need s2.0 for it...too expensive for a 1-time use unfortunately...
anyone of for resampling? ;)

I am realy impressed with dfh 2.0 the cymbals sound good and you have like 3 different sets of room mics which realy helps to make the cymbals sound real.
But in the end nothing sounds as good as good tracked real cymbals ;)

Lasse, look into getting Toontrack's Metal Machine EZX (the pack Andy helped create) instead of that Metal Heads thing. It can be used with either EZdrummer or Superior. It is by FAR the best sounding release I've ever heard from Toontrack. I've never really cared for any of their other samples, but Metal Machine is very good all around... probably the single best drum sample pack I've ever used for metal.

You could also just upgrade SSD to version 4. The cymbals are very usable now.... much, much better. Honestly.

There's also Joey's cymbals for Kontakt, which are great too. If you don't want to use Kontakt, you could use them in SSD 4 when they release the instrument maker.