Cynic - Traced in Air (2008)

JB-Hifi had about 5 copies.
I went back in there a couple days after and got it back. It came with a poster, and the album art is all top-notch.

I love the packaging of the limited edition. The artwork is probably the best I have ever seen. The poster is hanging up on the wall right behind my computer!

I see there's a vinyl version that was released. It also looks that another vinyl edition is coming out this month. Anyone know what the difference between the two is?

I finally got this the other day. It's pretty good, but I really find the songs too short, and would prefer instrumental...

I think that's why I'm so very much looking forward to Tymon's new 'Exivious' project... :D

hi all a bit off topic: i got only 3 portalsongs andim not ableto get mroe can anyone give me a hint please. the onesi have are really cool but i know theresmore i triedto buy it anddownload it but cant find it anywhere...

when it comes to cynic traced in airat first i thought its not as powerful as the last one but after 3-4 times oflisteting to thata lbum i feel in love with it its really good i mean ive been listetning only to that album for more than a month until i took a break

LOOKING FOR PORTAL

Nope, I've heard only some of the songs when played live by the band, and uploaded to youtube... But friends have been saying its more jazz, less death, which indicates to me that I'll most likely prefer it.

Am I the only one that doesn't really find Focus to be very "Death" metal sounding? I noticed on Metal Ecyclopaedia that most of the reviews are death metal guys whining that it's not as death sounding as Focus was. To me, it sounds like a very intelligent and mature follow up. Like, the perfect transition. Nothing was lost, only stuff was added. I mean, it sounds like there is just as much metal screams in the background as there was on Focus, and instead of those synth vocals they used on Veil, they replaced them with a totally unique alteration on the synth voice. I thought it was brilliant.

Traced in Air is probably the best album of 2008 in my opinion. I managed to catch them live with Meshuggah and they were absolutely flawless. The drummer is beyond words!