Cynic...

TychoCelchu

Sep 28, 2004
Boston MA
Did you see this interview excerpt from today's Blabbermouth?

Chaos-Forum: Have you ever thought about a reunion of CYNIC?

Masvidal: "Yes, and more often lately."

PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! And what better place for a re-appearance than ProgPower 9 or 10???

God I hope so. As good as their other groups/projects have been, I just love Cynic. Reunion show at next year's ProgPower! ;p

Atheist is great, but I don't see them fitting with ProgPower. Cynic has a sound that I think would be right at home at PP. *hopes against hope*

Meteornotes said:
*I will not be able to attend PP next year if it's held the same weekend, as I'll be in Japan, and I think I'd get suicidal if I missed a Cynic show...

If you were in Japan, you could commit hara-kiri... :lol:

booB said:
I seem to remember something about ProgPower USA and "bands with no clean vocals"...

Well that rules out Atheist, which is okay with me since I'd rather see them at a thrash/death metal show (or hell, do another Candlemass/Atheist/Solitude Aeturnus tour!!!). But Cynic, having clean vocal passages, and whose "death" vocals are some of the LEAST-extreme and LEAST-brutal in all of death metal, would be right at home at PP.

TychoCelchu said:
But Cynic, having clean vocal passages, and whose "death" vocals are some of the LEAST-extreme and LEAST-brutal in all of death metal, would be right at home at PP.

I forgot Cynic had some clean vox. You're right, though... their death vocals are pretty weenie-ish... they might work for Harv. ;)