Thank You Dave and Mare Thomas!!!!

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
For helping bring Conception to PP USA!!!

I've been listening to this band for 10 years and never dreamed of seeing them together after they broke up. Hopefully a new CD or a re-issue of their back catalog won't be too far off.

And of course, thanks to Glenn - for if there wasn't a ProgPower USA, there wouldn't be any reason for a Conception reunion to happen in the USA. If you were to tell me 7 years ago that a Conception reunion reunion was to happen here and not in Finland, Norway, Sweden, or some other place overseas, I would have laughed in your face. How times have changed for U.S. metalheads and how thankful I am to Glenn for making it all happen.

Dave and Mare?? You all had something to do with this?? Oh how I love the two of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :worship:

I shall treat you as royalty from this point on!

;)

:D

:hotjump:

Kez

heh, yep. I saw the sponsor names on the band's page and I thought "This has come full-circle."
I remember going out and picking up a copy of Conception's Flow because Dave had ranked it #1 out of 99 CDs for the last decade (back in 2000, I think?) Dave's a great guy and a longtime online friend, so it's cool to see his dream come to fruition. :D

The_Q said:
Hey not to toot my own horn but me thinks you should have thanked ALL sponsors. Makes the rest of us sad. Sniff.

Yeah, where's the love, people? :tickled:

But meanwhile.... Dave T. gets my thanks not only for sponsoring Conception, and NOT ONLY for getting me into them in the first place (back when Conception CDs could be had for less than $25 each).....but also for having the best darned 99-cent salads in the fast-food industry! :D :D

You'd think that my sponsoring of Conception would put a moratorium on the Wendy's jokes...:heh:

Back in 1999, I published an article on my old Pixel Planet website called "The Top 90 CDs Of The '90's". It was among the most popular things I ever posted there, and over the years I've heard from so many people that read that list and went out and got a copy of "Flow" afterwards (it was the disc that I picked as the best of the decade, and I'd still make that decision now). You have no idea how excited I am about seeing this band. I'm proud as hell to once again be a sponsor and to help Glenn out with the best festival ever. Mare and I travel a lot to different shows, but PP is still our favorite and we can't wait for this year's show. And let me give a "HELL YEAH" to all the other sponsors and everyone else that works on the show.

See you in September...:Spin:

dt

Meteornotes said:
You'd think that my sponsoring of Conception would put a moratorium on the Wendy's jokes...:heh:

Hey, it could be worse. You could be named....uh.....Billy Krystal. :tickled:

Back in 1999, I published an article on my old Pixel Planet website called "The Top 90 CDs Of The '90's". It was among the most popular things I ever posted there, and over the years I've heard from so many people that read that list and went out and got a copy of "Flow" afterwards (it was the disc that I picked as the best of the decade, and I'd still make that decision now).

Yep, worked for meeee.... Sold two copies, in my case, since I lost my copy once, bought another, and then found the original. Score 2 for Conception. :)

You have no idea how excited I am about seeing this band. I'm proud as hell to once again be a sponsor and to help Glenn out with the best festival ever. Mare and I travel a lot to different shows, but PP is still our favorite and we can't wait for this year's show. And let me give a "HELL YEAH" to all the other sponsors and everyone else that works on the show.
See you in September...:Spin:
dt

As I mentioned in another thread about you and Conception, so often it's true, "dreams come true in September." :)

Kez said:
Dave and Mare?? You all had something to do with this?? Oh how I love the two of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :worship:

I shall treat you as royalty from this point on!

;)

:D

:hotjump:

Kez

Awww....thankie, Kez....yep it's us! Conception and Enchant were at the tippy-top of our list.... 1 out of 2 ain't bad, although I wonder what we'll have to do to see Enchant here, LOL!

As for the royalty, LOL, does that include a tiara for me? :)

Cheers!