Czech Doom Metal

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
The Czech Republic makes some of the best Doom Metal in the world and probably has the biggest Doom Metal scene in the world.

Here are a few Doom bands from the Czech Republic:

Angus dei
Black Heaven
Bone Orchard
Certainty
Countess Bathory
Dissolving Of Prodigy
Endless
Hypnotic Scenery
Love History
Mythopoeia
Promises
Silent Stream Of Godless Effigy
Vacuum

What do you think to the Czech Doom Metal scene?

Profånity said:
The Czech Republic makes some of the best Doom Metal in the world and probably has the biggest Doom Metal scene in the world.

Angus dei
Black Heaven
Bone Orchard
Certainty
Countess Bathory
Dissolving Of Prodigy
Endless
Hypnotic Scenery
Love History
Mythopoeia
Promises
Vacuum

I will have to agree with you there, although one of the bands you mentioned is called "Silent Stream of Godless Elegy" (not Effigy). Their early albums are very good and original, if I am forced to listen to Doom metal it would be a Czech band, they have their own special sound.

Czech links/bands/albums of interest:

www.redblack.cz

Dissolving of Prodigy - Time Ruins Also Beauty (extremely slow and heavy depressing doom metal with female vocals and violin)... Their last album is no longer doom metal though, but very interesting anyway.

Forgotten Silence - Kabaach (if I need oriental or Egyptian weird and original stuff, I'd go for this band). Lykathea Aflame are also Czech and "oriental", but I dunno... and they are renamed to "Lykathe" now.

Dark Gamballe, Sad Harmony, Root, Insania, Anime are also Redblack bands, all worth checking out.

Hypnotic Scenery - DOOM+GRIND!

Other random Czech bands worth a notice: INNER FEAR (excellent shows, sorta like The Kovenant but with a breasted female :p), Ahumado Granujo, Pigsty and million other death/grind or grind core bands from the Czech Republic.

Profånity said:

Angus dei
Black Heaven
Bone Orchard
Certainty
Countess Bathory
Dissolving Of Prodigy
Endless
Hypnotic Scenery
Love History
Mythopoeia
Promises
Vacuum

whocares2.jpg

I'm going to start a thread about the best and largest industrial deathblackthrash scene being in the western Congo region, just as soon as I can find a webpage with a huge list of random band names.

It'll rule, and it'll be the best.

High On Maiden said:
Class. =)

Cannibalistic said:
Pointless thread.
You don't know what you're talking about, Czech Doom Metal is one of the biggest and best Doom Metal scenes in the world. Someone even replied with lots of information about the scene. So unless you're a retard why is this a pointless thread?

You left out Quercus. I have their promo 2002 laying around here somewhere. Silent Stream of Godless Elegy isn't too bad either.

Good finnish doom bands.. lemme think.

Skepticism, Unholy, Thergothon, Shape of Despair, The Mist and the Morning Dew, Dolorian, Silentium, Umbra Nihil, Wormphlegm are some.

MeaCulpa said:
Good finnish doom bands.. lemme think.

Skepticism, Unholy, Thergothon, Shape of Despair, The Mist and the Morning Dew, Dolorian, Silentium, Umbra Nihil, Wormphlegm are some.
Please could I
a) have proof that those bands exist?
b) have proof that those bands are Finnish?