D20 - Fate (butcher my mix with criticism Axe Fx, MF drums)

D20

May 19, 2008
Testing some new guitar and bass tones and a new drum mix with this one. I'm using the Axe Fx's 5150 model with the German and Brit cabs. Bass tone is just the Axe Fx on this one. I thought i would see what i could do just recording one track of bass instead of three like i usually do.

Please let me know what you think of the tones and the mix???

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=785666&songID=8264032 <---updated mix here!

You need to actually play the extra guitar tracks rather than copy and paste. The guitars sound very distracting and sound as if they are coming from the right side a little bit.

I dig how much that guitar tone pops out in the intro, but yeah, double track!

You need to actually play the extra guitar tracks rather than copy and paste. The guitars sound very distracting and sound as if they are coming from the right side a little bit.

I dig how much that guitar tone pops out in the intro, but yeah, double track!

Its funny you mention this, because i did double tracked the guitars. I would never copy and paste them...thats a big no no.

I did however use the same patch for both of the guitar tracks, but eq'd them differrently. I guess i need to go back and figure out why it is sounding this way...

Uber thanks for the criticism and comments!!!

I can hear you double tracked for sure!! Guitar tone is great! There is some kind of phase thing going on maybe. Did you use a enhancer block?

I'm using your bass patch for my stuff btw, I love it!! fits in well!

I can hear you double tracked for sure!! Guitar tone is great! There is some kind of phase thing going on maybe. Did you use a enhancer block?

I'm using your bass patch for my stuff btw, I love it!! fits in well!

Hey SwambA,
Many thanks! I think i really need to figure out what is causing the phase issue. For this patch i just used drive,amp,cab,filters and a pan block. Do you use enhancer blocks? I haven't tried them yet.

Glad you like my bass patch! :)

you probably need to try using a different preset/amp/boost/cab. if you use the same patch for both guitars, it's going to sound fairly mono, even if you EQ differently.

The mids are too scooped and there is too much presence on the left hand side of the guitars.

Cool thanks for the comment. I'll see what i can do.

you probably need to try using a different preset/amp/boost/cab. if you use the same patch for both guitars, it's going to sound fairly mono, even if you EQ differently.

Right on. I just recently updated this with a different patch/eq on the left side.