Damn russians

Well if this is indeed a UFO, then i'd be inclined to say that they don't appear to be very bright for a race that has managed to do a long space journey, possibly even FTL.

"Well now we're here after eons of technology advancements and a decade of space flight, what should we do?"

"Lets make funky lights and twirl about randomly in their atmosphere"

"Sounds like the most logical course of action indeed, engage!"

The russians confirmed it, its a failed intercontinental ballistic missile, missile type "Bulava" and it was launched from a submarine

Yep, for such an image you'd use a high-speed shutter, and most likely the perfectly simetric but weird looking circles (for a lack of better word for describing them) wouldn't be there. I'm sorry but looks like a fake.

I'm sorry but this is just plain wrong. Yes, for taking a FOCUSED image of a fast object you need a fast shutter speed, in order to capture the moving object clearly. But to get those effects of "streaks of light" or trails behind the object you do the opposite, a long shutter speed allows more light through the lens and creates the effect of the object moving, it's out of focus because a long shutter speed can't focus on a moving object, but it does give it those "trails" behind it.

Fast shutter speed:
racing-car.jpg

Long shutter speed:
3989464352_f5d40f67f1.jpg

[/Photographynerdrant]