Damn the Machine

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
So today I was at a CD store and in the bargain bin I saw Damn the Machine for $2. I asked the clerk if he knew who was on it - I know it had ex-megadeth members but didn't know who. He checked online "Chris Poland, and it says it's similar to early megadeth, fates warning and queensryche."

"Sold!"

Cranked the disc on the way home and it sounds awesome. Good production, good songwriting and the singer sounds just like John Arch.

Awsome cd man!!! I love this band!!! tho I dont think the singer sounds anything like Arch hehehehe I have owned that album since it came out :) had to buy another copy cause I totally wore the old one out!!! ... I'm glad there is another DTM fan out there :D

2vl0h1i.gif

How do you know about the machine?

Well, when it says Chris Poland I am in board. Yup thats a damn good album. Although I can see where you get the John Arch reference I'd have to disagree.

No-one can sound like John Arch but John Arch himself. Arch is Sui generis

Well, he's not a clone, but they have a VERY similar vocal style, plus in many places he sounds just like Arch. Sort of like Ripper and Halford - not clones, but similar and in some instances indistinguishable.

:) I pulled out DTM and Arch's Twist of Fate and compared and I know what your talkin about ... but indistinguishable? naw hehehe but you are right there are some similar moments but I have to agree with Henri here "No-one can sound like John Arch but John Arch himself"

I was on the fence about them, I did love Poland's first solo album. I love the artwork of the first Damn The Machine album, that's the one with the cigarette butts that look to have been put out in the desert, right?

Yep it sure is!! and yeah I can see why you would have been on the fence ... I think most people were at the time of its release ... its well worth checking out again my friend :headbang:

No-one can sound like John Arch but John Arch himself. Arch is Sui generis

I wonder if we'll ever get any more music out of Arch... I'd hoped that Twist of Fate ep would be his launchpoint.

I wonder if we'll ever get any more music out of Arch... I'd hoped that Twist of Fate ep would be his launchpoint.

Indeed, there was some talk about a full album but it is nowhere is sight. Too bad, I would have loved a new full John Arch album.

I'd say the singer for DTM has an Arch meets Mustaine tone. Certainly in the range and vibratto department his style is VERY similar to Arch's, but his tone is more like Mustaine.

That Arch record was really good - though basically a Fates Warning album. I'd love to hear more from him.

Yep it sure is!! and yeah I can see why you would have been on the fence ... I think most people were at the time of its release ... its well worth checking out again my friend :headbang:

You're probably right. I wasn't much of a progressive rock fan at the time of it's release and it might be worth revisting. I have seen it used a number of times for a couple of bucks and that might be a good risk...

Great band!

The singer doesn't sound like John Arch but here are some guys on albums that are kindof similar to that vocal style:

DEADLY BLESSING - Ascend from the Cauldron
MYSTIC FORCE - A Step Beyond