Damnation booklet

synergy

tr00bie
Sep 2, 2003
Long Island
Visit site
For the first time ever, I just took a close look at the faded out pictures behind the songs in the Damnation booklet-theres some crazy stuff going on back there. All the photography fits the mood of the album perfectly. I dont know how many other people caught this but on the same page as Weakness theres this really freaky looking half-faced shadow in the mirror.

Yes, right; if you look carefully, on the page next to weakness there's this girl who is reflected on the mirror!

yeah, i love the style of the damnation booklet. Actually, if you like that same imagery and some great old school progressive rock done by a modern band...check out "Anekdoten"...their first album "vemod", its cover is practically the same thing as Opeth's Damnation, toy dolls, eerie colors and shadowing, etc...but released about 10 years ago.

vemod-fj.jpg

Well, i agree that the other albums are great as well....but i think youre over estimating the influence that Anekdoten has had on Opeth. What youre under estimating is that both Opeth and Anekdoten have the same influences...thats the connection. :p

That's cool. I hadn't noticed that.

The same kind of stuff happens to me, only with album covers. There are some albums I've looked at on the internet and at the store tons of times that I haven't really paid enough attention to. For example: Black Sabbath's Paranoid and Porcupine Tree's Stupid Dream. I haven't gotten around to buying either one of them. I recognize them by the colors used on the album covers, I just never really took the time to notice what was actually being depicted until recently.