Damnation Game

-Rivfader-

Klingons on Uranus
Oct 17, 2003
St. Louis Missouri USA
Visit site
I went up to Boarders today again, and placed an order of CoB's Something Wild deluxe edition and Skyfire's new album. I was browsing over the cd section, decided to take a look if they had any Symphony X in stock since I couldn't find anything else that gained my intrest. Was aiming for Strapping Young Lad's City.

Anyway, I checked the usual spot for Symphony X under the band "Switchblade Symphony" and I found The Damnation Game, besides Damnation Game itself I have never heard a single track off this album. I was in for a big suprise. I love it when you buy a album you have never heard it and it tottaly owns you. Dressed to Kill and Edge of Forever were the ones that stuck out to me and Savage Curtain rocked me the most. This album is really excellent, I never hear anything about this album though on this board. Appreciate Damnation Game in this thread dammit. :headbang:

Its my second least fave Symphony X album.....really like Edge of Forever though.

And you really do need to get Strapping Young Lad's CITY as it is the best metal album of all time....and by metal i mean METAL!!!Devy rules

yup, damn good CD. but what Symphony x cd isn't? winters dream is one of my favorite SX songs. i don't know how i would rate TDG if i had to place it with all the SX albums. i can't say i CAN really rate all the SX albums. they're all #1 to me. i will usually just listen to the one that i haven't listened to in the longest.

Although they're not quite my favourite band (although up there in the top 3-5), I think symphony x is, above any other band, the hardest to pick a favourite album from as they are just so *so* consistant in their releases. The only one i can put below any others is the debut. There was a time when i didnt really appreciate TDG much but now i would rate it way up there with twilight, V, divine wings and the odyssey, if not just for a winters dream and the edge of forever.

There is alot of chilled out stuff on this album which is really cool, like an excess of communion/candlelight/accolade goodness.

The title track's spectacular, and once I put the CD in for that, I usually listen through the whole album. :) Dressed to Kill's one of SX's most headbangable songs, and TEOF probably has the best chorus they've ever written.

This has always been one of my very top SX albums since day 1. My two favorite songs are on it: "The Edge Of Forever" and "A Winter's Dream". They are just full of sublime melodies and the whole record just has a really cool, magical vibe to it. Thank you Romeo and Co. for creating something truly special. Easily one of my most precious and highly treasured albums in my entire collection. And "The Haunting" owns all of you.

This is the first cd I ever bought by them and it changed my life. TEOF is one of the best songs ever written. Winter's Dream is another great song along with whispers. I remember when i downloaded Dressed to kill from Napster. The Haunting also has the coolest keyboard intro. Also has there best lyrics. This is probably my favorite album from them. I always like the ones that are'nt popular though.

TDG is my least favourite SX album. Of course, The Edge of Forever was their first classic in a long string of them, and Savage Curtain just grooves along nicely, but the rest... there´s bits and pieces of greatness in every song, but overall, the album seems a little "shallow" to me. If only the band had combined the instrumental firepower of their self-titled debut with Russ´ singing.