Favourite Sym X Albums

PhrygianMajorMaster

New Metal Member
Jun 6, 2006
So, what's your favourite Symphony X album? Why is it your favourite?
If you like rank them accordingly.

For me, if I had to make a choice, the best Symphony X album would have to be The Odyssey, followed very closely by V and then Divine Wings. Although the Damnation Game has one of my favourite Sym X songs, The Edge of Forever, The title track from Odyssey is up there with the best prog epics of all time.

Oh, a couple of days ago i thought the same thing. Even beyond, there might be a new major thread started (like the musician's corner), in which like "favourite S.X. song, favourite guitar solo, favourite album cover etc be sticky threads. Thus, they won't be out of date, and main forum be cleaner. How's this idea? :rolleyes:

I still don't get why this forum only saves threads for 2 pages, every other forum I've ever been too saves just about all of them, if not, usually just the past year.

^ I agree with that idea.

The Divine Wings of Tragedy and The Odyssey are my favorites.

Right now it's V but it changes pretty often. I'll always think The Damnation Game is the worst one though, I think the S/T beats it by miles actually.

I guess it comes down to taste. But i've always found the S/T to be a lot more progressive, more heavy and more straightforward. Rod is nice too, his voice is special, and fits the lyrical themes perfectly.

If the self-titled had Russell on it, than it and The Damnation Game would sound like a double-disc album to my ears. The songwriting is pretty much the same on both albums, but the self-titled is ruined by Rod's cheesy voice.

Divine Wings is probably my favorite, but Twilight is up there, too.

RobbM said:
I still don't get why this forum only saves threads for 2 pages, every other forum I've ever been too saves just about all of them, if not, usually just the past year.

Huh? Every thread since the beginning is still here..look, they go back to 2002, that's not far back enough?