New HQ vinyls released in September!!

That's pretty awesome. I may have to go get a turntable now. :lol:

I personally would love to see a HQ remaster of V at some point, seeing as in my honest but humble opinion the only flaw whatsoever on that album is the less-than-stellar production, but it would probably never be released on vinyl seeing as having to switch sides would disrupt the flow of the album (one of highlights of it).

Also, notice how on Divine Wings they switched the order and put Candlelight Fantasia before the title track. I'm sure that was primarily to keep it to a two disc minimum, but honestly, I think that's the way it should have been ordered all along, with the 20 minute epic as the closer. Works better that way IMO.

Also, notice how on Divine Wings they switched the order and put Candlelight Fantasia before the title track. I'm sure that was primarily to keep it to a two disc minimum, but honestly, I think that's the way it should have been ordered all along, with the 20 minute epic as the closer. Works better that way IMO.

I think it makes more sense the way they originally did it. Divine Wings is an awesome track (probably my favorite by them), but I feel that Candlelight is a better album closer. The way it fades away, with that sad theme playing, is more fitting of a closer than the semi-uplifting ending of Divine Wings.

News from Inside Out. No word of V, TIO or SyX. I wouldn't mind LOTEOF either.

Putting Divine Wings the last song is understandable, they should have changed the order even more or get 3rd LP if they didn't. Works just fine in my opinion. One song on one side reminds me of Pink Floyd's Echoes, pure brilliance from start to finish.

I bought a turntable again two years ago and been in ecstasy ever since. And my wallet in pain!

one song on one side is very prog in general, not just the overrated PF.

If I thought SX music would benefit from vinyl, I'd buy it, but this kind of metal really doesn't sound good on plastic IMO. Stuff like Agalloch does.

The way it fades away, with that sad theme playing, is more fitting of a closer than the semi-uplifting ending of Divine Wings.

I don't know, I'm really not too keen on albums with final songs that fade out. It's a very anti-climactic way to finish. I always like my albums to end with a bang, or at least with some feeling of resolution. And I don't really see what's wrong with an uplifting finale. Rediscovery and The Odyssey both end on very happy sounding conclusions, with the former being one of my favorite endings to any album.

Got my copies finally today!

For some reason TDWOT doesn't have same kind of inner paper sleeves with lyrics and photos like TDG & TO, they're simply white paper with holes. Doesn't affect the listening experience anyway. :)

I think it makes more sense the way they originally did it. Divine Wings is an awesome track (probably my favorite by them), but I feel that Candlelight is a better album closer. The way it fades away, with that sad theme playing, is more fitting of a closer than the semi-uplifting ending of Divine Wings.

Agreed. I've always seen 'The Divine Wings of Tragedy' as the climax, and 'Candlelight Fantasia' as a kind of epilogue. It's a very satisfying way to end the album. You think they can't pack that record with any more masterful music, and then, almost like a thank-you note, you get that beautiful song just rounding out the package.