Symphony X...the new reissued cds

WhoFooldU

Fool for a Lifetime
Apr 3, 2002
Harrisonburg, VA
Visit site
All 4 Symphony X special edition reissue titles are available in the merchandise section of the website ([url]www.symphonyx.com[/url] if you dont remember). Cost is $15 per title or you can just order the "bundled" version of all 4 for $55. These are digipak versions of Symphony X, The Damnation Game, The Divine Wings of Tragedy, and Twilight in Olympus. All cds contain a screensaver, a video clip of an interview with MJR and Russ, and some extra photos/liner notes.

:hotjump:

Glenn

Reactions: RequiemX
Divine_Tragedy said:
Digipak as in cheap fold out version a la DTs Live Scenes From NY or as in book form like Star One?
I'd like to actually say neither. DT's was cheap and had no holding tray for the cds. Star One is in the "digibook" format.

Digipak is an in between format. It has the printed artwork like the DT scenes cd, but it has a cd tray glued inside to hold the cd. Digipak is a widely used format in the cd single market.

cds that I have seen recently in digipaks:
Rage - Soundchaser (limited edition)
Derek Sherinian - Black Utopia
Planet X - Moonbabies
Conspiracy - The Unknown
Devin Townsend Band - Accelerated Evolution (Special Edition)
Shaman - Ritual
Superior - Ultima Ratio

Glenn

WhoFooldU said:
Yeah and Ken Golden has them for $13 each as well.

All I know is that the band's proceeds on the website support the band. Can I say the same for The End, not quite.

Glenn
As long as you're buying the CD new from somewhere, isn't that also supporting the band?

Otherwise, they'd sell them through their official store only.

Snowmaker said:
As long as you're buying the CD new from somewhere, isn't that also supporting the band?

Otherwise, they'd sell them through their official store only.
Yes, the band does get a money from vendor X,Y, or Z when it is purchase by the vendor from the warehouse. The extra cost that is added to the cd by the vendor for stock such item IS NOT going to the band. By having the cd available on the band's site they can capture that bit of money as well.

Glenn

WhoFooldU said:
Yes, the band does get a money from vendor X,Y, or Z when it is purchase by the vendor from the warehouse. The extra cost that is added to the cd by the vendor for stock such item IS NOT going to the band. By having the cd available on the band's site they can capture that bit of money as well.

Glenn
Gotcha! ;)

Still, I already have all the CDs. Don't see enough reason to re-buy them.

I definitely want The Damnation Game re-issue. Now, is the video interview about the songs off THAT record or is it just part of one long interview with random commentary?

Also are the liner notes a song-by-song commentary like the Odyssey Limited Edition booklet?

I'd like to know.

Prismatic Sphere said:
I definitely want The Damnation Game re-issue. Now, is the video interview about the songs off THAT record or is it just part of one long interview with random commentary?

Also are the liner notes a song-by-song commentary like the Odyssey Limited Edition booklet?

I'd like to know.
Damnation Game...a review of what's in the special edition:

Interview - broken into three segments entitled "Russell's Arrival","Evetts & Rachel", and "The Masks". The interview discusses much of what was going on at the time the album was recorded and the stae of the band.

Liner Notes: not an individual song by song breakdown, but more of an overview from MJR. Some of what he writes in the notes is also dicussed in the interview.

ClarifyAmbiguity said:
Are the CD's in any way remastered, or is the mixing/sound quality identical to the previous releases?

The albums have not been remastered nor remixed.

Glenn

im sure you cant control the price, but if someone is gonna buy all four cds, you should sell it for 45, buy 3 get one free. But thats just me and nobody seems to care anyways.