Upcoming Sym X album excitement thread

From 1 to 10 how excited are you about the upcoming new Sym X album?

• 10 - Most excited

Votes: 7 28.0%

Votes: 2 8.0%

Votes: 5 20.0%

Votes: 1 4.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 12.0%

• 1 - Least excited

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Not enough fire and despair in the titles. Only Enslaved sounds like a modern Symphony X title. On the other hand, Veil of Shadows sounds like a convincing classic Symphony X title. Written by Thomas Miller.

It's probably fake, anyway. Wouldn't mind if it wasn't.

Yeah no reason to believe "Adam's friend from college". Though, the album may well be close to finished by now, so it's not at all impossible that someone actually saw the track listing and passed it on to a friend's friend...

If genuine, that track listing at least to me hints at a spiritual successor to V with elements of the stuff Romeo/Allen have done with Arjen Lucassen (think The Eye of Ra, Dawn of a Million Souls). That would pretty much be a musical wet dream come true. Which makes it more likely to just be made up by a desperate fan.

Assuming that we get "Iconoclast II: Dead Bastards of Fire and Desire" instead, and I'll make that assumption to manage my expectations until proven otherwise, I hope someone with the right connections can pitch something like The Great Unknown as a concept for their 10th album instead... of course then the album name should have the prefix "X: " :)

I definitely wouldn't believe it, knowing the guy. There are three titles that seem to be references to "Frontiers" from The Odyssey (in fact even the album title). But yesss, 'X' for the 10th album

My excitement for a new album, is a 10. But I voted for 3 anyways. While I can enjoy iconoclast, and paradise lost for what they are. It is not what I want from the band. So excited yes, hopeful that it will be any different than the last two? Nah... The old days of Symphony X are gone it would seem.