Most underrated Sym X songs

Orion The Hunter

&

Through The Looking Glass

I believe many of the songs on The Damnation Game and Twilight in Olympus are very underated... Winters Dream, Whispers, Dressed to Kill, Dragons Den, Savage Curtain, Lady Of the Snow...

I'll have to agree with many, its a shame the band never plays any of these songs on tour...Hopefully they will become more highly rated when we get to hear than live..Correct?

That would be awesome, to hear some of the old song, like TEoF or A Winter's Dream, or even some of their first album, with Russell singing them
:D

But how long Symphony X usually play on a concert?

dusro2 said:
The Edge of Forever is by far the most underated song simply because they Never play it live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They played it once at one of the Prog Powers, and have never since. I personally think they should incorporate the first three songs from The Damnation Game in their set.

How about 'Premonition', and 'Absinthe and Rue'. Despite Rod Tyler's hideous vocals, I really like these songs. My all time favorite however, is 'The Relic'.

The only Symphony X album I own is The Oddyssey, and, I don't know of this song is underrated, but I'll say Incantations of the Apprentice, because I like it the most.

MorphineChild205 said:
They played it once at one of the Prog Powers, and have never since. I personally think they should incorporate the first three songs from The Damnation Game in their set.

yes it was at Progpower 2 and that is the only time they played it...what a shame...and they have never played Whispers which is a joke as well.

Stickmaster said:
How about 'Premonition', and 'Absinthe and Rue'. Despite Rod Tyler's hideous vocals, I really like these songs. My all time favorite however, is 'The Relic'.

Rod Tyler's vocals are not hideous. It's just that everybody always compares him to Russel Allen, that he seems bad. Yes, Allen owns the Bajeesus out of Tyler, but Tyler's still pretty good..... But his vocals on the original Masquerade were still pretty mediocre.

MrFast said:
I'd also have to say the whole self-titled album. The songs rule, Rod is a very good singer. Even though Russel is way better it doesn't mean Rod isn't good.
Its kinda like the whole Iron Maiden thing where people compare Paul to Bruce. The music is excellent, but because one singer is better than the other it kinda gets alienated.
ptah knemu said:
Rod Tyler's vocals are not hideous. It's just that everybody always compares him to Russel Allen, that he seems bad. Yes, Allen owns the Bajeesus out of Tyler, but Tyler's still pretty good..... But his vocals on the original Masquerade were still pretty mediocre.
At least Ptah understands me.

Evolution The Grand Desing definitley.Best Song ever.MAD BEGINING!O MY GOD!JUST LISTEN TO THE BEGINING!

SantiagoSilva said:
Evolution The Grand Desing definitley.Best Song ever.MAD BEGINING!O MY GOD!JUST LISTEN TO THE BEGINING!

I love the song as much as the next Symphony X nut, but it's really anything BUT underrated.