Most underrated Sym X songs

Anonymous

L'Étranger
Nov 9, 2005
New-Brunswick, Canada
I don't like polls for questions like this so I'm just asking for your opinions.
I would like to know what Sym X songs you think are underrated. In my opinion Orion the Hunter is probably the most underrated one, it's an awesome song with awesome melody and structure and a wicked solo.

Your turn.

I have no idea about any underrated S.X. song, but some songs are so excellent that, you can not love them too much. Then technically they are underrated :D

Hmm..I'm under the assumption that most of the songs in Twilight in Olympus are a tad underrated. Cases in point: Church of the Machine, Orion the Hunter, The Relic

Other SyX songs IMO would be:

--The Damnation Game
--Out of the Ashes
--The Turning

Greetings!

I think it's impossible to tell which songs are underrated.
Every song contains lots of hard production work;
and before the production there are hours of composing and maybe even more hours of
recording.
So I for one think every single song needs to be recognized as a piece of art,
which can't be just judged by raw words.

Example: I say the "Lacrymosa" part of the sixth song in "V" is great,
because it's a nice interpretation of Mozarts composition,
which might not exist in better execution somewhere else.
This in fact can't be productive, because someone else might
say it's a bad interpretation and disagree with my post.

It's all in the personal taste..

Have a good evening,
Alex

inferno just kidding but really i think pharoh and savage curtain and stuff like that i like the power from russ when he says i am god i am king of the land!!

On the breath of poseidon. Is there anyone else besides me that enjoys the orchestration and instrumental composition of this piece? I wish it was a 20 minute song. I especially love the part towards the end that rediscovery part II also has at the end.

bball_1523 said:
On the breath of poseidon. Is there anyone else besides me that enjoys the orchestration and instrumental composition of this piece? I wish it was a 20 minute song. I especially love the part towards the end that rediscovery part II also has at the end.

Yes! One of my favourite melodies of all time! The chord progression is just awesome. (I like it best at the end of Redisc. 2)

Right at the end of V, when that tune is played, I get the feeling that...

-Everything is going well...
-Then reflecting on the terrible past...
-Then being happy that it's all over

(keep in mind, I don't know much about the story, lol)

_Gentleman of_the Snow_ said:
Yes! One of my favourite melodies of all time! The chord progression is just awesome. (I like it best at the end of Redisc. 2)

Right at the end of V, when that tune is played, I get the feeling that...

-Everything is going well...
-Then reflecting on the terrible past...
-Then being happy that it's all over

(keep in mind, I don't know much about the story, lol)

I love that entire ending on rediscovery part II. There's something special about it that gives me a wave of a feeling when I listen to it. The beautiful piano melodies combined with Russell's singing and Rullo's drumming!