Most underrated Sym X songs

The Damnation Game. The first SX song that I bothered to learn... with 1/3 tempo or so :)

I believe the Relic is the most immersive piece of music that Symphony X has ever created. The first time I listened to it (or every other time for that matter) it sent a chill down my spine. Russel's vocals are just incredible. The whole song is very powerful and moving in it's own way. The solo's are great too. Apparently there are many people who dislike this song.

Although everyone loves it I still think that The Odyssey is underrated. I'm guessing that not everyone knows the actual story. When you actually get the story in your head and follow it, then you start to realise how well the music actually tells the story. Also, I think I read somewhere that the orchestral section at the start was written all in one night. Now that is definately brilliance if I ever saw it.

Btw, a lot of their earlier songs are underrated because they arent that good.......not just because they are underrated, lol. Anything with Rod Tyler gives me a headache, so yeh I wont be liking any of that in a hurry.

If somebody doesn't know the story of the Odyssey, then I should kill them with my bare hands... unless they're cool enough to be spared.

After hearing the Odyssey, I forgot how much I hated reading the book. The story is good though.

Anyway, I think that the most underrated Symphony X song would have to be Pharoah. There's just something about the chorus that I love.

Ah, I forgot Absence of light. I prefer it to Evolution, Fool's Paradise or Rediscovery.

I'd also have to say the whole self-titled album. The songs rule, Rod is a very good singer. Even though Russel is way better it doesn't mean Rod isn't good.
Its kinda like the whole Iron Maiden thing where people compare Paul to Bruce. The music is excellent, but because one singer is better than the other it kinda gets alienated.

Many of the songs from The Damnation Game, such as the title track, Dressed to Kill, The Edge of Forever, Whispers, and A Winter's Dream (II). Hopefully we'll get to hear some of these awesome tunes on Symphony X's next tour.