Sym X in Concert

Kev3136

Holy to the Gods
Feb 8, 2006
Hey guys whats up. Yea .. ive been away fro a while so what... wanna fight about it?!!! :heh:

Anyways .... I was listening to my friends Sym X Collection ... I got him into Sym X ... like Uber big time. The reason i dont have all of the songs is because my parents took my Admin privs. on my computer away, locked me out, and now I cant put anything into the computer...

Dont get me wrong I can hack into it perfectly fine... but .. I jsut dont want to take the time lawl... I mean my parents freak out even when i bring up the task manager to get rid of some unwanted processes.

But anyway thats not what im talking about.

I heard some Audio from one of the concerts that Sym X was in .. and Man I was impressed.

I could have sworn that the songs were more majestic thatn ever.

Faster. Stronger. Louder... Just all around more intense It was awsome.

Since we have a few sub woofers hooked up to the computer it was amazing.

I was wondering if any of you thought that way.. There is asort of a immense feeling that comes from the live concerts that I cant explain... Unfortunatly I didnt know about Sym X when Gigantour came around... My god that would have been such a kick ass concert.

For you that have already been to a Sym X concert, you must know already what im talking about, I dont even have to be there to feel the sheer power! :headbang:

All I can say is the last time I saw them in concert, it was a small venue and I lost my hearing in my left ear for a week. It was a true honor to have Michael Romeo fuck up my hearing.:headbang:

I would like to experience a Small venue once... and then a giant one ya know? Think about it... a small venue, thats super cranked??!! Man the sound would be amazing!

Then a Large Venue... the Sound would ripple off the walls like a thousand needles of Symphony X doom! Piercing your ear drums and taking over your mind!! XD

Kev3136 said:
Hey guys whats up. Yea .. ive been away fro a while so what... wanna fight about it?!!! :heh:

Anyways .... I was listening to my friends Sym X Collection ... I got him into Sym X ... like Uber big time. The reason i dont have all of the songs is because my parents took my Admin privs. on my computer away, locked me out, and now I cant put anything into the computer...

Dont get me wrong I can hack into it perfectly fine... but .. I jsut dont want to take the time lawl... I mean my parents freak out even when i bring up the task manager to get rid of some unwanted processes.

But anyway thats not what im talking about.
wtf :erk: :loco: :err: o_O :Smug:

kev3136 said:

ooookaaayy!!!! *looks around*

The best concerts I have been to were SymX..
And up against the stage is *SWEET*:headbang: :worship:

The guys really now how to put on a metal show. And they always give it thier all. Lots of energy in the room when they play. Its "AWESOME!!"

Hope you get the chance to see them someday. You won't regret it.

yes I went to see them on gigantour and they were incredible despite the fact that they only played for 30 minutes. It was the most pumped up I've felt in a long time. The only downside was that they blasted the sound way too much to the point where I couldn't make out some of the sound.

Kev3136 said:

:guh:

bball_1523 said:
yes I went to see them on gigantour and they were incredible despite the fact that they only played for 30 minutes. It was the most pumped up I've felt in a long time. The only downside was that they blasted the sound way too much to the point where I couldn't make out some of the sound.

My sentiments exactly for their Gigantour set by me. I also saw them live in a small venue (like, maybe 500 people), and at the time I didn't know them very well, I knew the classics that my friend had given me on a mixed CD and it was quite a wild wild show. Russel Allen is a god among frontmen

saw them at gigantour in Montreal (the stuff that was filmed for the DVD)

unfortunately I was seated pretty high in the arena, and while SX played I was like "what the heck is going on?" When they started playing "of sins and shadows" it took me more than 30 seconds to tell what song they were playing... I seriously couldn't hear what was going on from where I was seated, and I couldn't hear any of Romeo's solos.

The sound was better during DT's and Megadeth's performances, but still I had a hard time hearing the guitar solos.

Kev3136 said:
Haha Well... Lets just say taht I know what Im doing with Computers
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I used to hear that ALL the time when I was a desktop consultant doing businesses as well as home users......Soon as I hear THAT, I know something will be fucked up....

As for Sy-X, I've seen them 5 times, All 3 PP appearances, opening for Blind Guardian, and their club show at Riley's in Aurora.
Not a bad show in the bunch, and live, they slay. Even "The Odyssey" was easily handled.
J-Dubya

i've seen them twice...once in a really really tiny venue, which was awesome, having them 3 feet away, and then at a larger venue at gigantour.

they were absolutely amazing both times. and i'll admit i'm such a fanboy that i had a lump in my throat the first time i saw them. that's how much they kicked ass.

popol said:
saw them at gigantour in Montreal (the stuff that was filmed for the DVD)

unfortunately I was seated pretty high in the arena, and while SX played I was like "what the heck is going on?" When they started playing "of sins and shadows" it took me more than 30 seconds to tell what song they were playing... I seriously couldn't hear what was going on from where I was seated, and I couldn't hear any of Romeo's solos.

The sound was better during DT's and Megadeth's performances, but still I had a hard time hearing the guitar solos.
I saw that same concert. And I' pretty sure we couldn't hear them properly because they each had only 1 stack in one of the biggest arenas in eastern Canada.... I was on the floor with around 2 rows of people in front of me before the stage, I heard MJR faintly, Rullo awesomely, Lepond decently, and I kinda forgot Pinella was there cause I couldn't hear any keyboards.