damnation thing...

chaveta

Dec 31, 2001
Visit site
ok, for the guys that already have damnation...

there's something that is sort of annoying about it...

i don't know what its called but its like a synth or like a choir singing on the background of many songs on the album... take 'in my time of need' for example, i LOVE that song but the 'choir/synth/viollin type' sound REALLY gets to me... i mean it compliments the song and everything, but i think its over done... i don't know, if it was in just one song i'd be ok with it, but i think it occurs in about three..

do you guys konw what i'm talking about? any thoughts on it?

no not really, plus i was expecting them to

it was used by many older bands like Camel and Pink Floyd... if you heard some of THEIR mellotron stuff you'd think that's overused

the way opeth used the mellotron was perfect... just loud enough to be effective. i think its great

Yeah I think at times its overdone.. reminds me of James Bond theme songs, hahaha... but seriously I really like the way it was used in 'Ending Credits' where it isn't constantly flowing and you feel its an instrument in itself.

I love the mellotron. It's right on the border of cheese, but the album uses it wonderfully. It's like a tremulous choir sound combined with a grinding organ. It's both angelic and dark. Beautiful but eerie.