Damnesty - At Least We Tried

TomiR

Lord Ejaculation
Jun 25, 2006
Finland
What would have happened if Alice in Chains made an album with Sepultura in -94? Well, something like this: http://soundcloud.com/damnesty/sets/at-least-we-tried

For those who crave for something raw and in your face, this is just the thing for you, check it out and if you like it, like us on facebook! www.facebook.com/damnesty

The album will contain 9 songs of attitude and groove mixed with melody, stay tuned for the release date!

Constructive critisism is always welcome!
Cheers!

What's going on lately? Everybody is using the main forum as a shameless self-promotion board.

Have the politeness to post it in the OT section at least.

Sorry mate, didn't know that this was the wrong section of the forum..
Can I delete the thread somehow, or let the admins do it?

No problem. Just me being kind of a dick. I'm sure our mods will take care of this.

Cheers mate!

We recorded the guitars, bass and vocals in my own studio. The drums were tracked in a professional studio, because they had a better sounding room for tracking drums.

I can give some details about the tracking itself if interested!

I really like the guitar and bass tones. Vocals are very Disturbed'esque, if that makes any sense.

Glad you like the tones! The guitar and bass tones are all Axe FX, but we took a different approach to tweaking the sound as opposed to the "djent-folks". We wanted to retain that rawness even though we used digital equipment.

We used a Gibson Flying V with Duncan Distortions and an LTD EC-something something with a Duncan Invader.

I guess there is some similarities with the way I and the guy in Disturbed sing! I never really thought about it before, but after we put these songs online, I have had quite a lot of people tell me that! The gear I used when tracking the vocals: AKG414 into a Focusrite Saffire PRO.

Feedback is always welcome!