DAMNIT CELLADOR....

Bryan316

METAL... nuff said!
From their Myspace announcement:

CELLADOR parts ways with drummer. Seeks replacement.

It's been less than four months since we parted ways with our bass player, and we're happy to inform you that we have found a replacement. His name will be announced soon, but I can assure that some of you already know who he is. He's definitely the best choice we could have made, and you'll all be very impressed with him. But unfortunately, I have to — once again — announce that CELLADOR is no longer working with drummer and very good friend David Dahir. He has always been more into death metal and more brutal styles of music, and even more recently has began to further venture into the realm of extreme music. In the last few months Dave has become more interested in these styles and because of this everyone involved thought it would be good if we tried different things. Maybe we'll work together again in the future. Who knows? Dave is very talented and young, and we'll be happy to help him in anyway we possibly can. We're sure you'll hear about his other musical projects very soon.

At this time CELLADOR is holding auditions in order to find a replacement drummer. We are seeking someone who at the very least is willing to fill in so we can fulfill our upcoming show obligations. The band is seeking an energetic and motivated individual, preferably 25 years of age or younger, with a devout and passionate commitment to music and drumming. We are looking for someone with amazing footwork and stamina in particular. A background in extreme music in addition to power metal would be a huge plus, as we want to incorporate a lot of these elements into our music. If you are interested or know of anyone who might be, please e-mail us at contact@cellador.com or message us on our MySpace page.

CELLADOR

just when you thought all the woes were over..... something else happens. Can't anyone wait until booked gigs are done or at least stay until a replacement is found?!?! Oh well, shiza happens!

dwhat do you think will happen if they don't find one by the showcase?
another band or what?

What is it with metal bands in general? This seems to be the norm rather than the exception.

Bands change band members like they would a pair of socks.

Can't they just get along?

Heck, there have been several threads about the new Rush album and upcoming tour. They've had the same members since 1975! (yes, their first drummer left and Neil joined the band - but after that they've been together for THIRTY TWO YEARS!)

I don't see that EVER happening in prog or power metal :(

What is it with metal bands in general? This seems to be the norm rather than the exception.

Heck, there have been several threads about the new Rush album and upcoming tour. They've had the same members since 1975! (yes, their first drummer left and Neil joined the band - but after that they've been together for THIRTY TWO YEARS!)

I think it has more to do with people not making enough $$ thus there not being a good enough incentive to stay in a band. People gotta eat!

In other cases, there are personal problems. Like people with Lead Singer's Disease(GNR, Masterplan, etc.), or Main Man-Disease(Iced Earth, Megadeth, Into Eternity).... or so I've heard.

I think there are too many egos in this genre...and this is coming from a guy in one of the bands. I think a lot of it comes from the constant side projects which seem to hinder the main focus...which should be the stinkin band that put you on the map. I love side projects and I love hearing talented people get together to make new music, but when it goes beyond just making a cd then there is tension. IMO a band member should only play live with one band. (yes there are exceptions...like ayreon albums and such). Just ranting...

The main thing it usually boils down to IMO is ego...and a lot of it.

Of course there are too many egos. Look how often people in bands want a solo spot during or between songs. Fans are partially to blame. The emphasis on skill over musicality is also to blame.

It's quite simple really. There has never been a power metal band older than 20 something years anyway. The genre is fairly new compared to progressive rock, and even most prog bands aren't as old as Rush. Dream Theater has kept the same lineup for almost 10 years and none of their members show any signs of wanting out of the band. With the exception of the keyboard spot, Dream Theater has kept the same lineup since 1991.

Plus, Rush has 3 members, so touring is less expensive and more profit is earned than say Therion.

I don't see what the big deal is. Unless you're so materialistic you feel that your favorite bands have to have the members they started out with to quench your nostalgic tendencies, you're (no, not *you*, I mean you in general =) ) just pointlessly whining. As long as they continue to write good music, it shouldn't matter.

As long as they can get someone who can play his part, who cares? It's a drummer after all. It's not like it's one of the important band members.:heh:

Zod

LOL...............Hey wait a minute, I'm a drummer. That's OK, I get it all the time. It's like that joke................What do you call a guy that hangs out with a bunch of musicians? ..........................A Drummer.

I don't see what the big deal is. Unless you're so materialistic you feel that your favorite bands have to have the members they started out with to quench your nostalgic tendencies, you're (no, not *you*, I mean you in general =) ) just pointlessly whining. As long as they continue to write good music, it shouldn't matter.

I'm not saying it for nostalgic reasons, I'm saying it because as band members change, the sound of the band changes - for better or (sometimes) worse.

If a lead singer changes or the lead guitarist changes, then the whole sound of the band changes.

For example, think of how many band members Firewind has been through? I think the only original member of the band is Gus G. Each album is so different that it doesn't even sound like the same band.

Another key example is how Van Halen changed when Dave left and Sammy came in.

If a drummer or bassist leaves, thats a different story. The sound will change to some extent, but not as much as the lead singer/guitarist.

Just my 2 cents.