dan hinted at a new death metal project, what are your choices for members?

Dan Swano-vocals,keyboards
Esa Holopainen-guitars(Amorphis). He probably still likes finland death metal regardless not playing it now. 'the karelian isthmus'
Jussi Kiiski-guitars(demigod). 'slumber of sullen eyes' style
Martin Mendez - Bass (opeth)
Vesa Ranta-drums(sentenced)

This would be crushing atmospheric oldschool euro death style.

Whatever members of the original Sweish supergroup ABBA that are still alive.

A brutal version of DANCING QUEEN please. The world has waited long enough.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

KevinPARM said:
Whatever members of the original Sweish supergroup ABBA that are still alive.

A brutal version of DANCING QUEEN please. The world has waited long enough.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
They're all still very much alive, but have turned down a contract for over $1 000 000 if they'd reunite for just one more gig... So I find that very unlikely. ;)

Tägtgren said he'd be happy to do another bloodbath album, but couldn't join the band for real.

A Swanö-death-metal-project would be perfect for mr PT then!

Tägtgren was godlike on NMF/Virus so yes please Dan get him to do the vox =) I was also damn lucky Hypocrisy did a gig in Oulu last fall. I have some shitty quality phone cam pics uploaded for awhile if anyone's interested. I even secrectly hoped for some NMF songs :p

And yes I love Mike also - who doesn't? :rolleyes:

Dan and Mike FTW! dont you agree that the best music ever has been made when those two came together (Crimson, Brave Murder Day, Orchid, Morningrise, Breeding Death, etc.)
Oh, and if we could resurrect Chuck Schuldiner... excuse me while i masturbate

chrisdoig24k said:
Dan and Mike FTW! dont you agree that the best music ever has been made when those two came together (Crimson, Brave Murder Day, Orchid, Morningrise, Breeding Death, etc.)
Oh, and if we could resurrect Chuck Schuldiner... excuse me while i masturbate

don't ejaculate on the vinyls:erk:

We could do a Dan Swano CHALLENGE! We'll put him with the least talented, commercially successful metal musicians of the past 15 years! Then we'll see if Dan can overcome their inherent badness to make good music! My lineup would be

Dan Swano - Guitars / Backup Vocals (Dan can't be allowed to do the lead singing, else it's too easy to make the band sound better)

Chris Barnes (Cannibal Corpse; reportedly smoked crack before singing at concerts) - Vocals

Matthew Archer (Paradise Lost; anyone who's heard PI's first 4 albums knows exactly what I'm talking about, probably the worst commercially produced drummer of all-time) - Drums

Standard Reggaeton bass beat - Bass. (That's right, on top of being stuck with a guy who smokes crack and a drummer who doesn't really know how to play drums, Dan has to use as his bassline the single most overused, inept bass arrangement in human history: the reggaeton "bummmm-bum-bam-bum bummmmm-bum-ba-ba-bum")

Devin Townsend - Lead guitar (Dan has to spend most of his studio time trying to prevent Devin from killing the other two guys and smashing the $5000 keyboard / sound machine producing reggaeton beats).

Tumn said:
I agree, except get me on growls and screams. :) You know Dan doesn't do those anymore!

@Naglfar: Hah, I always considered Dan Swano, Devin Townsend, and James Murphy to be in a "league of their own".... kinda arrogant musicians who make good music, don't get me wrong, but they let it get to their heads a bit too much! It's a bit less with Dan though, but all of these musicians also charge large sums of money for studio services, so there. :)

These guys are like the Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, and Paris Hilton of metal. :lol:

Oinkness said:
I agree, except get me on growls and screams. :) You know Dan doesn't do those anymore!

@Naglfar: Hah, I always considered Dan Swano, Devin Townsend, and James Murphy to be in a "league of their own".... kinda arrogant musicians who make good music, don't get me wrong, but they let it get to their heads a bit too much! It's a bit less with Dan though, but all of these musicians also charge large sums of money for studio services, so there. :)

These guys are like the Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, and Paris Hilton of metal. :lol:

Dan's pretty chill. He has a dayjob and all (edit: wait, didn't he quit it?). He's also quite dorky (Sarah Michelle Gellar fanboy? hello?). I think there's a difference though between people who are primadonnas and people who are very stubborn about their music. I think a trend you see with some of the people he no longer creates music with is that they resent a little bit his influence in the creative process. If you're someone of significant musical talent, especially if there's a gap between you and your peers, there is going to be tension.

I've never met Dan, but I find him to be affable on his forums. He also attracts a different crowd I've noticed. He probably laughs, as I do, when he sees people use the terms "godlike" and "masturbate" when referring to other musicians (and himself!). Or maybe he's laughing that I say he laughs! And maybe he's laughing right now, and I'm laughing at myself too! /pries hands from keyboard

finalresistance said:
in his statement about leaving BB, dan hinted at a death metal project if i heard correctly

now who would you like to see work with dan?

drummer - guy from naglfar (cant remember his name)
guitarist - dan ofcourse
guitarist - one of the jonas's from spawn of possession
vocals - jens ryden (ex naglfar)
bassist - no preference

Vocals - Nergal
Guitar - Nergal
Bass - Orion
Drums - Inferno

Alternatively,

Vocals - Karl Sanders
Vocals - Dallas Toler-Wade
Guitar - Karl Sanders