Dan-Interview from ProgPower Europe @ Konzi-Tip

[I have to live with the fact that today I am mainly the singer of EDGE OF SANITY; maybe the ?guy who recorded OPETH?, maybe the ?guy who did this? .... Which is very far away from who I really, really am: the Prog-Rock-guy, who just didn?t really know what he was doing when he went to this metal-thing.]

"The drummer for Bloodbath" :D

Great interview! Long and thorough,though perhaps not as funny as the LotFP interviews. The good thing with Swanö interviews is that he talks about other bands and his lyrics quite a lot,which I like.
So are you gonna add more of this to your interviews subconsciensly now Dan? :D

Gurgelguff said:
Nice one !
:)

TheFourthHorseman said:
Great interview! Long and thorough,though perhaps not as funny as the LotFP interviews.
thanks for feedback. Well, concerning the fun, it was fun for me to do it, but it didn´t feel like making jokes all the time. I just liked to find out as much as possible from the things I thought about for months and years, so that is what I asked and I felt somehow "serious".

If you want to read something funny, you may choose Charon (JP)- or BTD-interview (see signature) I almost died from laughter while talking with JP ;D I have 30 minutes of giggling on that tape......
So it happens differently, it is always hard to predict what´s gonna happen and how the situation will be. Nevertheless, nothing went wrong so far, thanks to the truly nice interviewees every time!! :)

Yeah well you can't fit everything in an interview and it's good that it's filled with interesting convo...at least it's not like a recent Iced Earth interview that I read where they spend 1/3 joking about midgets,1/3 praising the new album or Owens and maybe 1/3 talking about something else.

I liked best when he said about a song being "satanic customed" *LOL* And the info that maybe we´d gotten a second Moontower instead of Crimson 2 first.

But I liked the whole conversation, about creating music, expressing yourself and trying to find the best result. It was just cool :D

I've read the interview a few times, and with each read, I feel like I get to know Dan a little better. He sounds so honest. I wish those who talk about him being a big-head would read this interview and especially his comments about the Odyssey song "I Am Two", you know. The rockstar-normal guy thing.

Also I had no idea how and who flew Dan to meet guys like Dickinson and the Dream Theater guys. Weird. I sort of understand what Dan means though. I mean, when I try to put myself in his shoes, it's already a weird feeling. I myself have been a huge Dickinson and DT fan. I love those guys' music to death. I'd always love to see them live and buy their stuff the day it gets released. And read their interviews. Visit their message boards. Care about their opinions. You get the picture. But then, when I think of someone offering me the opportunity to go and meet them in person, in some 1st class party or something, I realise I probably would have nothing to say to them except that I happen to appreciate their music. I probably would feel uncomfortable and wish to leave already. That's somehow the same thing that occured to me when Dan mentioned it. And for that I feel he and I are so close in a way, not that I'm a musician or anything, or that I could compose like him or write lyrics like him. It's just a similar vibe and I really appreciate the honesty in his tone.

That's something I felt I'd point out, however meaningless it may seem to you guys.