Dan Swanö Interview (About Bloodbath and his career - Autumn 2004)

Akiman

New Metal Member
Aug 31, 2004
I did an interview with Dan Swanö about his career and Bloodbath a year ago but I think this kind of an information never gets old. Year back we also translated the whole interview and if someone hasn't read then here's the prologue and the link!

BLOODBATH / DAN SWANÖ

"People should believe in their own music, carry out their own ideas and trust their own possibilites"

Bloodbath has certainly gone far beyond what it was originally meant to become and has surpassed all of the forming members‘ wildest expectations. Originally this traditional death-metal playing band was meant only to test a new studio but they then decided to record a few of their songs and not long after they were interested in making a full-length album. The musicians playing on Resurrection Through Carnage were Dan Swanö (Edge of Sanity) Since interest only grew the band didn‘t stop there, though. Instead, among all the time spent on the members‘ main bands, they found a new spark for playing death-metal again and therefore on 2004 they started to record another full-length album. In addition to the three main members, Peter Tägtgren (Hypocrisy, Pain) was taken into vocals and Martin Axenrot (Witchery, Satanic Slaughter) took the drums. Since the possibility to interview. I reached Dan Swanö via phone and we conversed quite a bit about Bloodbath‘s new album as well as Swanö‘s career from early childhood into present day and a bit into the future.

http://www.sonosmetallicos.net/haastattelut.php?id=47

Good interview, especially the last part was really interesting.

On a completely unrelated sidenote: one thing left me a bit puzzled.. when you asked about the drummer on Nightmares Made Flesh there was "filled by Martin Axenrotilla as I know." and in Dan's response "Resurrection Through Carnagella we were forced to.."

Can Dan speak Finnish and you didn't notice those when translating into English or where did those sijapäätteet (whatever that's in English..) come from? >_>

Well the whole interview was of course originally done in english, then I worked it in Finnish to the site and after that our other worker Mika Oja translated that into english. So there might be little mistakes and other things like that because everything in the english version isn't actually "word by word" in the same form but allmost! I didn't even notice those "lla" mistakes before.

So, our bad, actually not mine, but still ours. When the translation was done I sendet the whole thing to Dan who checked it out so there shouldn't be any major mistakes in information side. And of course there's a Finnish version on the site for Finns. ;)

madu said:
Good interview, especially the last part was really interesting.

On a completely unrelated sidenote: one thing left me a bit puzzled.. when you asked about the drummer on Nightmares Made Flesh there was "filled by Martin Axenrotilla as I know." and in Dan's response "Resurrection Through Carnagella we were forced to.."

Can Dan speak Finnish and you didn't notice those when translating into English or where did those sijapäätteet (whatever that's in English..) come from? >_>

You obviously don't have your Swano-to-English dictionary handy. I love Swano-isms, such as guitarlead, recordingstudio, progband, solopart, familylife, recordstore, graghicsguy, etc.... :tickled: