Mosquito

oh noes!!
Jan 23, 2002
Columbia, SC, USA
www.myspace.com
Cross posted from the PPUSA forums:

www.henningpauly.com

Below is the news excerpt:

FRAMESHIFT, the progressive rock/metal project led by Henning Pauly, has tapped Dan Swanö (NIGHTINGALE, ex-EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH) from Sweden and Magali Luyten (VIRUS IV, BEAUTIFUL SIN, AYREON) from Belgium to sing on its upcoming third album, tentatively titled "The God Delusion".

Commented Pauly: "First of all, I am amazed at how many [singers] sent me their stuff [to be considered for the new FRAMESHIFT album] and even more at how many went through the trouble of writing and recording vocals for the test song I supplied. I heard some awesome singers and although some of them were phenomenal, they still didn't get chosen. They might ask themselves why. The only way I can say it is that I was looking for something different. I have worked with great metal vocalists some of the ones that applied are 'on par' with [James] LaBrie [DREAM THEATER], [Sebastian] Bach [ex-SKID ROW] and Roos, but since I have already worked with that type of vocal performance, I would like to go in a slightly different direction. In the end I found what I was looking for. I actually found a bit too much. I ended up with two vocalists and I could not make up my mind. So, we are embarking on a project that has not been done before. I will not go into detail on HOW the two vocalists will share their duties, but I can say that it will be very interesting and powerful."

FRAMESHIFT's first album, "Unweaving the Rainbow", was a concept album based on the work of Richard Dawkins, a scientist and writer, and features DREAM THEATER vocalist James LaBrie. The second concept album, "An Absence of Empathy", features Sebastian Bach and other musicians.

Didn't see this already posted, but if it was, sorry for double post!

Looking forward to this.

Justin