New project with Dan Swano on vocals (Frameshift)

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
www.henningpauly.com

Below is the news excerpt:

FRAMESHIFT, the progressive rock/metal project led by Henning Pauly, has tapped Dan Swanö (NIGHTINGALE, ex-EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH) from Sweden and Magali Luyten (VIRUS IV, BEAUTIFUL SIN, AYREON) from Belgium to sing on its upcoming third album, tentatively titled "The God Delusion".

Commented Pauly: "First of all, I am amazed at how many [singers] sent me their stuff [to be considered for the new FRAMESHIFT album] and even more at how many went through the trouble of writing and recording vocals for the test song I supplied. I heard some awesome singers and although some of them were phenomenal, they still didn't get chosen. They might ask themselves why. The only way I can say it is that I was looking for something different. I have worked with great metal vocalists some of the ones that applied are 'on par' with [James] LaBrie [DREAM THEATER], [Sebastian] Bach [ex-SKID ROW] and Roos, but since I have already worked with that type of vocal performance, I would like to go in a slightly different direction. In the end I found what I was looking for. I actually found a bit too much. I ended up with two vocalists and I could not make up my mind. So, we are embarking on a project that has not been done before. I will not go into detail on HOW the two vocalists will share their duties, but I can say that it will be very interesting and powerful."

FRAMESHIFT's first album, "Unweaving the Rainbow", was a concept album based on the work of Richard Dawkins, a scientist and writer, and features DREAM THEATER vocalist James LaBrie. The second concept album, "An Absence of Empathy", features Sebastian Bach and other musicians.