Dan: Thrash software amp?

Nefilim

Rotten undead buccaneer
Hey Dan, in another thread you mentioned using the software amp "Thrash". Is that the Izotope Thrash or some other plugin-amp? If it is the Izotope, do you have any favourite settings in it? I can only get it to sound like shit, more or less... it seems cool though, but I just can't find any good settings...

/Thomas

tJENA...

I use a preset called Heavy Sustain or something. I tweak it just a little and to me it sounds better than any other digital simulation I have ever heard. The pickups on the guitar is important (I have EMG 81) and make sure that the signal is loud enough into the computer. You will hear how nice it sounds on my upcoming records.

Ok, tackar :)
I'll probably get the hang of it eventually, but not until I get my new soundcard... my current soundcard is so crappy that it probably ruins everything. I think I'm gonna get a DSP C-port 2000 to get a better sound on my recordings.

Cheers,
Thomas

81's are great. I just put duel 81's in my XTRR. 81 sounds great in the neck pos too. If you really want to drive the front end you can wire the for 18 volts. (Check EMG site for wiring) Also a PA2 pre amp. Also on the EMG site.